What's the border between manlet and normal sized human?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
I think FW is the border.

Nate Diaz, who usually fights at LW, said that he fights normal sized humans as opposed to Conor who fought at FW.

But clearly Conor is a natural LW given that he kills himself to make FW.

The fact that many LWs can cut to FW tells me that FW is the border, some are manlets while others are normal sized humans.

Thoughts?

Average Sherdogger is 6'4", 240 Lbs. So anything smaller than that is manlet.

my lil sister is 6'2 and can run a 4.4 40 yard dash

Under 5'9 is a manlet btw

I think FW is the border.

Nate Diaz, who usually fights at LW, said that he fights normal sized humans as opposed to Conor who fought at FW.

But clearly Conor is a natural LW given that he kills himself to make FW.

The fact that many LWs can cut to FW tells me that FW is the border, some are manlets while others are normal sized humans.

Thoughts?

Show me one guy, not named edgar that doesn't lose a lot of weight to be at FW. Aldo loses a ton, so does everyone else...

To be a manlet you must also be buff not just short, so there must be a weight to size factor added in determining manlets i'd say.

To be a manlet you must also be buff not just short, so there must be a weight to size factor added in determining manlets i'd say.

Thanks for explaining this; I see the term thrown around all the time on these forums but never knew exactly what it meant. Is there a similar name for people who are tall and frail?

Thanks for explaining this; I see the term thrown around all the time on these forums but never knew exactly what it meant. Is there a similar name for people who are tall and frail?

There needs to be.

There's no such thing as a "manlet". That's just a made up term for insecure guys intimidated by shorter stocky guys, its a way to try and find a way to degrade them. You're not going to find secure intelligent people using that term. I stuck up for smaller guys or perceived "weak" guys my whole life. The big bad bullys tend to be big pussys 9 out of 10 times. If you use manlet to describe someone you are either ignorant, insecure or both, its that simple.

Waiting for "you're a manlet". First to post gets the dummy award.

Last edited:
All I know for sure is 170 and above are definitely not manlets and that 145 and below definitely are manlets. Conor may be a manlet or he may be the only non-manlet at 145. Some 155ers may be considered manlets but some like Tony Ferguson definitely are not manlets.

Height? I'd say regular guy is 5'10-6'. Over 6'2 is tall, most guys 5'9 and under have a bit of a complex.

Height? I'd say regular guy is 5'10-6'. Over 6'2 is tall, most guys 5'9 and under have a bit of a complex.
From what I've seen that complex some smaller guys have is derived from other people. They are born confident just like others but get ridiculed their whole life and then unless they are strong minded develop a complex. Don't blame them for society's ignorance.

From what I've seen that complex some smaller guys have is derived from other people. They are born confident just like others but get ridiculed their whole life and then unless they are strong minded develop a complex. Don't blame them for society's ignorance.
You sound short.

You sound short.
You sound dumb. The simple minded ones usually point themselves out. You get the dummy award as promised. Is it really that hard to wrap your simple mind around someone using their brain and realizing other peoples circumstances? Why would I ask something I know the answer to, this video is for you.

The reason I don't agree is because I was short my whole life. I'm 6'4 now, but I hit my growth spurt my senior year of HS. I was 5'8 at the beginning and 6'4 at graduation. Nobody fucked with me for being short, but I had this dumb notion that tall guys just had it better, I thought chicks liked them better, I was way scrappier etc. In reality, nobody cares and it's only in your own head, but it's one of those things where if you are short, you tend to try way harder to be "alpha" than you would if you were tall.

We could get into the war room with this, but the same thing applies to race, sex, gender, and everything else. If you view yourself at a deficit, you create a conflict that never needed to be there when nobody else even cared.

I've never liked it when cowards pray on the perceived weak. Its not just shorter people its taller people, skinny people, shy people etc etc etc. Calling them manlet is just trying to bully them. I also had to stick up for this guy who was like 6'9" because he was too skinny and people messed with him. I know I come off as a little agitated about this crap but I've seen way too many peoples lives affected by bullying so it gets to me, even when cowards do it online. I'll fight with the bullys online and I will fight with them in real life. I know others are out there that will do that same.

There's no such thing as a "manlet". That's just a made up term for insecure guys intimidated by shorter stocky guys, its a way to try and find a way to degrade them. .

It seems to me you've gone a long way in explaining the meaning of "manlet" when you specify its extension (i.e., who it's applied to) and indicate it's a pejorative term. It may be vernacular and its use, regrettable but that doesn't imply "there's no such thing as a 'manlet.'" By your own account, it's a term that's used consistently and intelligibly.

The reason I don't agree is because I was short my whole life. I'm 6'4 now, but I hit my growth spurt my senior year of HS. I was 5'8 at the beginning and 6'4 at graduation. Nobody fucked with me for being short, but I had this dumb notion that tall guys just had it better, I thought chicks liked them better, I was way scrappier etc. In reality, nobody cares and it's only in your own head, but it's one of those things where if you are short, you tend to try way harder to be "alpha" than you would if you were tall.
Well I agree somewhat. Its not "every situation is the same so throw everyone in the same pile". Every circumstance is different and I'm sure some shorter guys never got messed with but it seemed more times then not it was a bigger bully picking on smaller guy just because he could. Your perspective has changed since you are 6'4" now. It might be where we come from too.

Just because a smaller guy has confidence doesn't mean he has a complex. A bigger guy can have confidence and its looked at as a good thing but a smaller guy with confidence is labeled with having a complex, which some do obviously have but not all. I do think society in general is to blame for the ones with a complex, maybe you didn't get picked on but everywhere we turn tall people are celebrated and short people are ridiculed. Maybe subconsciously you were affected and didn't even know it.

Back