Opinion What's the biggest d*ck move in war?

Using depleted Uranium as armor peircing rounds and then find excuses to mag dump on foreign soil. Not sure if this is real or just a meme from the 90's though.

Using depleted Uranium as armor peircing rounds and then find excuses to mag dump on foreign soil. Not sure if this is real or just a meme from the 90's though.
Unfortunately this is true, there were babies born with birth defects from DU rounds in Iraq even 10 years after the invasion and the second battle of Fallujah. Both the US and UK have given DU rounds to Ukraine as well.

Wola / Nanjing / Volhynia / Manila type sadistic massacres of civilians.

Yes I'm aware of that. I understand why they did it, but it just doesn't sit well for me the amount of civilians killed regardless of the reasoning.

Perfectly understandable to have both opinions

And it could be argued that the world witnessing the awful power of these bombs has prevented them being used again

And it could be argued that the world witnessing the awful power of these bombs has prevented them being used again

Well said.

That's true, it scared a lot of powerful people. It changed the world by far. Kept everyone in check.

Unfortunately this is true, there were babies born with birth defects from DU rounds in Iraq even 10 years after the invasion and the second battle of Fallujah. Both the US and UK have given DU rounds to Ukraine as well.
Yea that's my impression as well if but if you try to have google assist you in finding out whats up you'll run into the usual optics bullshit war between studies and factions. Currently they are debeating wether or not it's fine to use toxic tank shells in Ukraine.

edit: I kind of answered before reading all you wrote.

Yea that's my impression as well if but if you try to have google assist you in finding out whats up you'll run into the usual optics bullshit war between studies and factions. Currently they are debeating wether or not it's fine to use toxic tank shells in Ukraine.

edit: I kind of answered before reading all you wrote.
I don't think it's a good idea now since drones and 25mm Bushmaster cannons have fucked up plenty of Russian APCs and tanks without the need for DU.

Oh ok. I know what you are saying. If it did save more civilian lives by doing those bombings on those two cities than I guess in a weird way it was better off, but I wish there was other ways to have ended the war.
Unfortunately, there wasn’t.

War is hell.

What Japan did in Nanking and just in general — it just shocks me that they aren’t more despised than the Nazis. Then again, white western culture DGAF about the people Japan killed but they go biblical when Europeans were killed.

Starting wars in the first place when you could easily economically cripple your opponent by ramping up your energy production.

I understand, it probably saved a lot of american soldier lives. But it just doesn't look good that's all. Imagine if it was the other way around where it was the Japanese who atomic bombed cities in America. Would that look worse? or about the same?

Regardless of what country who targets civilians, it's not right imo.

I guess you prefer the look of Japan firebombing China? Or were German gas chambers more aesthetically pleasing to you? Sorry 10s of millions of people dying didn't make a good IG photo for you.

You also seem to lack even a basic understanding of what WW2 was about. The war was not about the US nor was saving the lives of American soldiers ever an objective of the war. We also don't need to imagine what would have happened if Japan, Germany, or any nation on the 2 continents they took over had atomic bombs.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t.

War is hell.

What Japan did in Nanking and just in general — it just shocks me that they aren’t more despised than the Nazis. Then again, white western culture DGAF about the people Japan killed but they go biblical when Europeans were killed.

Asians also don't give a shit about Nazis. It's just tough to care about atrocities that happened on the other side of the world, when there's plenty of bodies buried in your own backyard.

Nobody came out of the two World Wars with their hands clean.

Withholding food, water and medical aid.

That has to be the biggest dick move in a war.

Land mines are on par because they don't stop endangering people like most weapons

Reactions: 666
Asians also don't give a shit about Nazis. It's just tough to care about atrocities that happened on the other side of the world, when there's plenty of bodies buried in your own backyard.

Nobody came out of the two World Wars with their hands clean.
<mma4>

I guess that it was somehow perfectly understandable to all those people in countries that just rolled over and joined the Nazi slaughter of civilians. Thank God there were millions upon millions of great people in Russia, Great Britain, China, and The United States that could not understand at all how all those people sat well with accepting pure evil, allowing it to take over the world instead of fighting it with everything they possibly could regardless of the cost. That is why they are known as The Greatest Generation and people are free to be such ignorant, entitled cunts today.

The biggest dick move is starting a war and not calling it a war. Nah, it's just a series of bombing campaigns.

Giving tens of billions of dollars to a country that has no chance of winning and encouraging them to sacrifice an entire generation of young men just to mildly inconvenience one of your enemies.

Also buying up all their farm land while they're at war so when the war is over, they won't even own their farms any more.

I guess you prefer the look of Japan firebombing China? Or were German gas chambers more aesthetically pleasing to you? Sorry 10s of millions of people dying didn't make a good IG photo for you.

You also seem to lack even a basic understanding of what WW2 was about. The war was not about the US nor was saving the lives of American soldiers ever an objective of the war. We also don't need to imagine what would have happened if Japan, Germany, or any nation on the 2 continents they took over had atomic bombs.

I don't prefer any use of tactics where it involves civilian lives being targeted by the military.

Obviously the war was started by the Germans and the Japanese, that's why there was a full out world war. That had divided forces which were the Allies and Axis.

I'm just pointing out that using civilians as targets to win a war is wrong. Regardless what side you are on.

I'm just pointing out that using civilians as targets to win a war is wrong. Regardless what side you are on.

It is an awful thing, but it is not wrong. That is exactly the principle evil people exploit to conquer masses of good people. Are you really saying you believe it was wrong for Churchill to make the decision to firebomb Hamburg as a last resort to give Allied Forces any chance of advancing into Germany? You don't think there was any difference in what each side was fighting for? Is your name Adolf or Heinrich?

Back