What's the best way to not be so sore?

MuaithaiViper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been doing kickboxing for the last 5 months, mainly bag work but also some training and light sparring.

I do warm up and strech after each sessions, I drink plently of water also. But somehow almost every morning I'm sore!

Pretty much everywhere, mainly arms and shoulder. Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce my muscle soreness?

Maybe I'm just getting old...:icon_chee I'm over 30 but in good shape..

I want be 1st in and say read the stickys about foam rollers, hot/cold showers and everything else

Some Recovery Tips

1. Contrast Showers
  2. Tiger Balm or other muscle rub before and/or after training
  3. Plenty of sleep
  4. Proper Nutrition
  5. Stretch at the end of your training session
  6. Proper warm-up & cool-down

Everything mentioned about + drinking a good amount of water after your workouts and just staying hydrated throughout the day.

eat and sleep is best

These are the two most important things, IMO. There are a lot of fancy ways to reduce soreness, but I always have the best results when I'm eating and sleeping as much as I can.

Thanks guys, I did look at the Faq but didn't find anythin as useful as the replies here.
:icon_chee

Stretching out, proper sleep. And if you wanna go the Wandy route, hop in a garbage can full of ice water for a minute or two. Even supplements like creatine can help with soreness.

Stretching out, proper sleep. And if you wanna go the Wandy route, hop in a garbage can full of ice water for a minute or two. Even supplements like creatine can help with soreness.

If I even get to the point that I need to take ice baths like Wandy, I better start getting paid for it.

Training more often ends soreness.

gotta give a nod to stretching and post workout supplements.

I drink plenty of water,postassium pills, a protein shake PWO, stretch plenty, epsom salt baths, plenty of sleep, and once a week I have a good massage and have her use a specialty massage bar that has cinnamon oils and essential butters and oil in it which works like Icy Hot, but you smell like Christmas after, lol.

Some Recovery Tips
  1. Contrast Showers
  2. Tiger Balm or other muscle rub before and/or after training
  3. Plenty of sleep
  4. Proper Nutrition
  5. Stretch at the end of your training session
  6. Proper warm-up & cool-down

Needed this question myself, thank you.

If I even get to the point that I need to take ice baths like Wandy, I better start getting paid for it.

I wish I could have a ice bath like that after training

It would be a bliss/real kick in the C UNT

PWO protein shake and creatine work for me, along with some good sleep and healthy diet, i usually get sore if i try a new workout, but rarely will that last more than the few times

creatine helps a lot with muscle recovery (and aparently head trauma!)
Supplements For The Combat Athlete

he has A LOT of good info you should be able to find something to help in there

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FSBC6jOidQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FSBC6jOidQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back