Whats next for Yoel Romero?

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think he is too small for Bellator's LHW full of grapplers and too old to cut to 185, so whats next?

Should he have another shot at LHW? Perhaps against the loser of Corey vs Bader or against Rumble.

Or Legends fights at catchweight? Melvin Manhoef or Lyoto Machida at 195 would be sweet. Also, if Mousasi losses the belt against Vandeford or Tokov, a fight against Mousasi would be pretty amazing.

Depends on which direction they want to go with him. I say Manhoef at 205 if you want a legends fight or Tokov at 185. A win over Romero would be a massive one for Tokov's name recognition.

I think he is too small for Bellator's LHW full of grapplers and too old to cut to 185, so whats next?

Should he have another shot at LHW? Perhaps against the loser of Corey vs Bader or against Rumble.

Or Legends fights at catchweight? Melvin Manhoef or Lyoto Machida at 195 would be sweet. Also, if Mousasi losses the belt against Vandeford or Tokov, a fight against Mousasi would be pretty amazing.

I would love to see him just go full 205 destroyer and actually go for the kill. I actually think the two wars with Whittaker screwed him up. That drooping eye etc was from that head kick he tanked from memory.

Machida, Mousasi at 205 or even Franklin weight, Manhoef. I'd do Manhoef first. Melvin is a legend of action but hopefully it's the last fight on his deal and a billed retirement fight.

There's still some meat on the bone for Yoel, but I think his days of contending for belts is over.

Romero vs Machida imo

Rumble might never fight again

and I don’t want him to face a prospect at this point.

mousasi vs Mr Paige van is happening next so Gegard is not a possibility

hdx1Od3.gif

Feed Yoel to a prospect or a guy you want to build like Tokov. Make it a catchweight bout at 190 or 195 if Yoel can't cut to 185 anymore.

Depends on which direction they want to go with him. I say Manhoef at 205 if you want a legends fight or Tokov at 185. A win over Romero would be a massive one for Tokov's name recognition.

Can Manhoef make 205? Maybe 195 would be more realistic?

Manhoef and Yoel are about the same age and weight. It makes sense.

- Yoel vs Manhoef
- Machida vs van Steenis
winners fight each other.

Fuck it, give him the dude who almost beat Rumble.

Yoel vs Machida is the match to make. Both old guys on losing skids, would be nice to see one of them get a win

On paper it looks good but Manhoef's chin has gone & I think Yoel would wrestlef*ck him to the ground & have his merry way with him.

Machida, yep
Motivated Rampage? I heard he's slimming down...
Moose at a catchweight would be interesting too

If he can make 185 then give him a squash match and put him vs Mousasi for the title if he beats Mr PVZ

Feed Yoel to a prospect or a guy you want to build like Tokov. Make it a catchweight bout at 190 or 195 if Yoel can't cut to 185 anymore.
Given what Gerald Harris was able to do to Tokov, I think even old Yoel would blast him away.

Back