What's next for Tim Boetsch?

xfactorr**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man, I feel for Tim in this one because he actually injured himself by landing punches on Phillipou. Does the fact that he would have easily won the fight if not for the injuries he sustained during it come into play at all? I mean a broken hand, a headbutt and a poked eye had the dude actually pulling guard towards the end instead of winning easily like he would have. Where does he go from here? Does he fight the loser of Bisping/Belfort?

He has a black belt in Jeet Kune Do according to his wiki. Still couldn't defend the eye poke. Smh.

eye_poke_defense.jpg

Munoz or Belcher. Maybe Sarafian/Dolloway winner.

Well he's rode some good luck in the previous couple of fights, last night is a prime example of how karma works. I think they'll give him another strong opponent considering the circumstances, Belcher or the loser of Bisping/Belfort.

So what was wrong with Tim after the first round. His cornerman told him to not think about it and fight thru it. What was it? I also just watched it again and never saw a head butt.

Well he's rode some good luck in the previous couple of fights, last night is a prime example of how karma works. I think they'll give him another strong opponent considering the circumstances, Belcher or the loser of Bisping/Belfort.

Possibly the lowest IQ post I've seen today

Man, I feel for Tim in this one because he actually injured himself by landing punches on Phillipou. Does the fact that he would have easily won the fight if not for the injuries he sustained during it come into play at all? I mean a broken hand, a headbutt and a poked eye had the dude actually pulling guard towards the end instead of winning easily like he would have. Where does he go from here? Does he fight the loser of Bisping/Belfort?

IMO Belcher should get the loser of Vitor/Bisping. He really wants to fight Bisping anyway so let him have it. :cool:

Maybe Boetsch/Palhares?

I'm not sure why he kept fighting after the eye poke, it was obvious that he was not fully recovered.

So what was wrong with Tim after the first round. His cornerman told him to not think about it and fight thru it. What was it? I also just watched it again and never saw a head butt.

Supposedly a broken hand, but I don't think it has been officially confirmed.

The Belcher fight makes the most sense. They were 2 contenders that were upset by underdogs on the same card.

I've seen other guys fight though injuries in a fight and manage to win. Its a fight people get injured. How can you say he would have easily won otherwise? Franklin beat chuck with a broken arm.

Man what a stupid thing to say. Not at all an example of how karma works. Maybe if he had done something wrong then the whole karma thing would apply. Boetsch has been a pretty good guy thus far, its not his fault he won questionable decisions.

Munoz?

I'd really like to see him lay a beating on Brunson actually, that guy pissed me off with his laying and clock watching. Leben wasn't game, but still it was a yawn fest esp after the prelims.

I thought Costa might have a chance to pick his way to a decision but didnt think he had the killer instinct to finish, picked Boetsch but good to see some new blood shining in the middleweight division. Philippou's looking alright, interested to see how he fares going forward.

As for Boetschy, maybe Alan Belcher as already mentioned, that would make sense as would Mark Munoz. Lot of tidy fights ahead in the MW division.

Back