Whats next for Khamzat after Leon Scott KO's him?

Some are already even saying Leon is not that good or nor a great chellenge stylistically getting a head-start because they know what is about to happen but once he falls on fight night they will throw him under the bus

this is nothing new though...they did that with every one of conor's fights. or Jones' fights. but leon is ranked #3. If khamzat beats him, that will tell us alot more about him. but get ready for the excuses.

This pretty much, Leon has the ability to take it to the later rounds, that's when it'll be Khamzat's biggest test in the fight, whether he can keep up with Leons, if he passes that with flying colours I'll be fully on the hype train, I've already got one foot on the platform as it is.

is this a 5 round fight? Don't remember hearing if it was a main event or not.

I really want to see how khamzat responds. this is a huge step up. but he might just like conor. who knows...when conor first came around, everyone was saying, this guy would be too much, that guy would be too much...yet conor ko'd them all. unlike other flash in the pans, like walker for example...if you watched his fights before he game to the ufc, you can clearly see he had no chin. and his ground game is terrible...go watch khamzat..watch all his fights. he dominates everyone in both the standup and ground. so far, he has zero weaknesses.

what I want to see is, how is his cardio...but most of these russian guys have great cardio...aside from zabit. and I want to see how he does against a higher ranked fighter. i have a feeling he's going to win. just my opinion.

I wouldn't say Zabit has no cardio, personally I think hecan't keep his pace for 5 rounds and he doesn't seem to have KO power.

Far from having no cardio.

Looking at him, I wonder if he'd be better suited to moving up a weight class. Possibly the weight drain is an issue.

is this a 5 round fight? Don't remember hearing if it was a main event or not.

Yeah, well its main event Im pretty sure, I remember Dana saying Khamzat was gonna headline a fight night thats what he was waiting for before Leon stepped in.

Havent heard anything saying its 3 so I guess so.

Some are already even saying Leon is not that good or nor a great chellenge stylistically getting a head-start because they know what is about to happen but once he falls on fight night they will throw him under the bus
People will say he needs to face a wrestler like Colby or Usman... or someone that has KO power... blah blah blah

Hes will get some Sage Northcutt treatments by Scott. Way too big step up in competion. He has literally never fought anybody with any kind of skill set. Hes done after this one. All his confidence will be flushed down to a toilet.
you DEFINITELY punched the wall when Conor tapped like chicken.. I'm a fan of his fights, but Leon has been idle for a LONG time. He's getting a rude awakening.

When Khamzat breaks Leon, will the haters go into hiding or will they try to discredit the win, or will they go into hiding for a few days and then slowly come back and try to discredit the win?

The one thing they definitely won't do is admit they were wrong

he beat ikram aliskerov, former Sambo world champion and someone who has been destroying everyone in mma, before and after he got destroyed by Khamzat. Khamzat has basically never lost an exchange in the ring. I think he takes this and will be future two division champ if Israel moves up.

If by chance Mr Scott does beat chimaev, the ufc would regroup, push the narrative that it was too much too soon and begin Khamzat hype train 2.0

KhamGOAT will fight Usman for the WW title in the co-main, then run back out to fight Izzy for the MW title in the main event on the same night.

KhamGOAT will fight Usman for the WW title in the co-main, then run back out to fight Izzy for the MW title in the main event on the same night.
Assuming Usman and Izzy are even still the champs. Izzy is going to LHW to fight Jan and then might chase Jones to HW. Usman has a very tough fight with Burns to win.

But I agree, Khamzat could almost definitely take both titles in one night, and would probably defend them both on one night, too. Maybe even the same night. Fight Usman, fight Izzy, fight Colby, and then fight Whittaker, all on one night. Maybe a 15 minute break between fights, though he might not even need them if he finishes the fights in the first 2 minutes the way he probably will

Khamzat has nothing on Luke in standup, the RDA destruction was masterful, Khamzat is a wrestler, he has power but he only KOd a bjj guy, compared to Luke he is a complete amateur in standup.

I don't believe he has the cardio to fight 5 rounds if he keeps up that silly pace in the first 2, probably a grappling version of Zabit. If he can't submit or GNP TKO luke in 2 rounds, he gets absolutely dismantled imo. I just can't imagine how Khamzat would have the time to develop a striking game that can even hold a candle to Scott

Both are highly skilled guys, and this could be a competitive fight. But I have a nasty feeling no matter the outcome, we'll either get "LOL Khamzat struggled with a almost unranked Leon," or "LOL, Leon had trouble with a guy who only fought bums."

Back