What's next for Cub Swanson? Who would you like to see him fight?

You don't seem to be much of a fan since you want him to go on a 5 fight losing streak.

giphy.gif

Haha man these ufc rankings are great

Masvidal is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and 5-4 over his last 9 fights is ranked 3rd at WW.

Ponz has won 7 fights in a row and is ranked 8th at WW.

Wins and losses mean very little it seems. They hide behind "But...he fought better guys". Yeah, and lost to them.

I'm as much to blame as anyone I guess. Ponz is less a needle mover for me than Masvidal too. But if we are being honest, merit doesn't matter all that much anymore. You have to have SOME success sure, but really it's more about how marketable they think you can be.

He's probably just going to keep getting fed to up and comers unless he can win 2-3 fights in a row. I enjoy Cubs fights but he's always been inconsistent.

He's probably just going to keep getting fed to up and comers unless he can win 2-3 fights in a row. I enjoy Cubs fights but he's always been inconsistent.

Again, I say this genuinely and not with bias or anything but I do kinda feel that they've been very selective in regards to picking Cub's fights too, as mentioned above. I may be wrong but it's just how I feel if you get what I mean.

Out of curiosity, who do you feel should be ranked ahead of Zabit (and why)?

I honestly don't disagree with Zabit's ranking to be honest, I haven't really thought much about it other than I do feel he's a great fighter, it always comes to mind his fight with Bochniak most and I feel he's deserving to be where he is as a contender.

The only thing I am a little 50/50 on is how often he's been fighting, maybe he could have been a bit more active in between but it's not like it's completely uncommon or he's been non active at all, it's just the thing I kinda wouldn't mind seeing a bit more if that makes sense :)

Masvidal is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and 5-4 over his last 9 fights is ranked 3rd at WW.

Ponz has won 7 fights in a row and is ranked 8th at WW.

Wins and losses mean very little it seems. They hide behind "But...he fought better guys". Yeah, and lost to them.

I'm as much to blame as anyone I guess. Ponz is less a needle mover for me than Masvidal too. But if we are being honest, merit doesn't matter all that much anymore. You have to have SOME success sure, but really it's more about how marketable they think you can be.

Yeah it seems to be more of a popularity contest
Out of curiosity, who do you feel should be ranked ahead of Zabit (and why)?

I’d easily put Korean Zombie ahead of him. Sure he had that KO loss to yair but he was winning 24 minutes and 59 seconds of that fight and he just blasted Moicano away in like a minute. Anyone with a brain knows that Korean Zombie is a top 5 featherweight no questions asked. Zabit only has 1 win, a decision, over a ranked fighter.

Yeah it seems to be more of a popularity contest

I’d easily put Korean Zombie ahead of him. Sure he had that KO loss to yair but he was winning 24 minutes and 59 seconds of that fight and he just blasted Moicano away in like a minute. Anyone with a brain knows that Korean Zombie is a top 5 featherweight no questions asked. Zabit only has 1 win, a decision, over a ranked fighter.

Korean Zombie is brilliant! I'd like to see him fight Cub also, it would no doubt be awesome!!

Great shoutout, but I don't agree with you. Although I really like KZ, his long inactivity and loss to Yair justifies that he is ranked below Zabit. Keep in mind that rankings just reflect recent win/loss records, they are not some kind of blanket statement on how good that fighter is.

Great shoutout, but I don't agree with you. Although I really like KZ, his long inactivity and loss to Yair justifies that he is ranked below Zabit. Keep in mind that rankings just reflect recent win/loss records, they are not some kind of blanket statement on how good that fighter is.

Well I’d say a starching of Moicano compared to a decision of Stephens warrants a higher ranking. PLUS Korean Zombie just agreed to fight Ortega. I thought Zabit was gonna step up and fight Ortega? They’ll probably give him another no name. Korean Zombie deserves it

Korean Zombie vs Cub Swanson I also reckon would be a good fight.

Back