What's next for Chad "Money" Mendes

I don't think I've ever seen you make a post not related in some way to Gray Maynard until now

I try to limit my postings to area's that I have a first hand knowledge of.
I know, on a personal basis, many fighters.
However, few Fighters are mischaracterized or lied about as much as Gray Maynard. I feel a need to defend that.

Edgar after he loses to Aldo

I don't think there going to cut Garcia....Guy shows up to fight everytime.....have mendes fight Guida or Hiotski (however you spell it)

woohoo! hioki just became an eastern european! :icon_chee

anyway, i thought only mendes vs kz made sense until last week (dont say elkins or hacran. let them fight each other. lol). however, poirier came out pretty much unscathed against brookins last saturday.
i think the ufc will give kz the title shot when he comes back (they'll make so much money).

mendes vs poirier!! do it!!

A top 5 win earns him another shot, unless the timing isn't right. Koch was in line but got injured, so if he wins his next fight against Lamas, he should probably get it. Of course, if Frankie "The Rematch" Edgar wins a close decision over Aldo, they might go immediate rematch.

Basically Mendes looked unexciting but unbeatable before the Aldo fight. Now he's knockin guys out. He's top notch and a win away from another shot, but might end up needing 2 more wins.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Dennis Siver.

Well he's gotten 2 KO's in a row, one of which was a KO of the night. I reckon he should get another shot at Jose Aldo

Zombie gets a title shot hopefully when he comes back next Summer. Somewhat of traffic jam with Poirer, Zombie, Koch, Oliveria, Mendes.

Personally, I would like to see Uriah go back to 145 and fight KZ simce he should never sniff a title shot again. Put him against KZ, Edgar at 145 for Main or Co main events.

mendes can beat anyone at featherweight...including aldo.

when you have that kind of power in your hands, you're never out of a fight. i think that mendes will get back to a title shot, whether that's against aldo or edgar.

i would favor aldo again, but i would favor mendes over edgar.

How about just any legit 145er? Cody McKenzie and whoever the newcomer he fought this week were pretty much joke fights for a guy coming off a title shot. How you go from Aldo to McKenzie in the next fight is ridiculous.

mendes can beat anyone at featherweight...including aldo.

when you have that kind of power in your hands, you're never out of a fight. i think that mendes will get back to a title shot, whether that's against aldo or edgar.

i would favor aldo again, but i would favor mendes over edgar.

Who will prevent Mendes from getting back to a Title Shot?
Edgar/Mendes would be a scrap.
Chad has every tool that Edgar has; more abundantly, in some areas.
Wrestling- Chad as good or better. Far better top control.
Boxing and striking- Edgar better at point scoring, Chad more likely to end the fight.
Cardio- No issues for either
Speed- I would give a slight edge to Mendes
Intangibles- probably an edge to Edgar. More experienced in the big fight and a survivor.
Although if Mendes rocks Edgar, as has become fashionable, Chad has the speed, cardio and savvy to finish.

Mendes/Poirier or Mendes/KZ would be nice, but Mendes/Edgar would be awesome.

Back