What's Frankie Edgar legacy?

Frankie is a bad ass mother fucker who won a belt in a division which realistically was WAY too heavy for him

Honest opinion. Forgettable manlet. I vaguely remember the Frankie vs. Penn 1 fight.

Great fighter. He did slow down a bit with surgeries and age but I still remember watching him dismantling Spencer Fisher's game. This was before he was mainly a wrestler. I would have rather seen him vs Mcgregor than Chad. He did come up short against Aldo twice and lose two times to a close decision to Bendo.

Won the LW title and beat beastly LWs all the while only cutting about 5-10lbs of his walk around weight (what he weighs between fights) in a division where you couldnt cut it with the elite unless you were cutting mad weight to equal out size advantages, like they all do.

Frankie is a HOF'er. He wasn't afraid of anyone and his heart and toughness were 2nd to none.
This is the perfect response. Frankie Edgar is a fighter's fighter, an undersized world champ and still actually humble. Griffin, Maia like humility. It's very rare. He has never ducked a matchup. Has he ever even dropped out of a fight? Frankie fights through not injuries but numerous injuries. Just everything a fighter should be and so much more. Why do people keep bringing up the Maynard trilogy like it's all he's done? What's equally relevant is the BJ trilogy and the fact he derailed a potential GOATs unstoppable title run. I have so much admiration for this man. If you even bother to break down his wins and losses you're off base. Just put him in the Hall ASAP.

A P4P great.

One of the toughest motherfuckers in combat sports.

MMA's Rocky Balboa.

#2 Manlet of the century(after lift wearing McGregor).

The anti Khabib: fought larger men, did not cut 40 pounds and fought natty weight at LW, not a bully, respectful, humble, family man, does not dress wife in bee keeper suit, forthright and honest.

Damn, the bee-keeper suit is fookin' hilarious.

helluva fighter. Personally not a fan, but dude's tough and has the heart of a lion.

I wouldn’t say that but I had Edgar winning the Benson rematch 48-47.

then that makes Aldo the real double champ

<DC-Champ>

his LW run...the penn and maynard fights

Top 15. Far better resume than many of the older “legends” who get put on lists simply for their name value.

I'm little torn on Frankie Edgar. IT feels like something's little lacking to call him a legend, but then again, he was very good, too, but maybe not on par with elites of the sports like GSP, Fedor, Jon Jones, a tier below perhaps.

To this day, I still believe Edgar robbing BJ Penn blind had a lot of impact on how BJ Penn's career played out afterwards possibly, because BJ got robbed hard and then he dropped two in a row.

I consider BJ Penn, one of the best ever to fight in MMA, and though Edgar beat him twice, in my book anyways, I still have hard time Edgar on a higher pedestal than BJ Penn.

In a way, kinda similar to whats his name who beat Hughes twice, but it would be difficult to place him higher than Hughes, but then again that wouldn't do justice to what Edgar was able to accomplish in the sports.

I think Edgar was as good as anyone mixing in strikes with wrestling, and I don't think he gets enough credit for that, how he was able to utilize it so well, blend it so well together, as good as anyone really did, but unfortunately, Aldo probably had one of the best takedown defenses of all time, if not the best so far.

Lmfao, Edgar is a far superior fighter to Baby Jay Penn. It amazes me the power of delusion possessed by BJ's cult. 1st fight wasn't a robbery. But it was a razor-close fight. BJ knew he was defeated before the cards were even read, watch it again.

Regardless of that, you say the "robbery" BJ suffered ruined his career because he dropped 2 in a row afterwards....yet you fail to mention that his NEXT fight was a rematch against Edgar (the man he is supposedly superior to, and had already "clearly" defeated) in which he got thoroughly outclassed in every facet of MMA, LOL!

Usually when the better fighter loses a bad decision, if they're lucky enough to get a rematch they prove their superiority (a la Machida-Shogun).

How anyone could attempt to objectively argue that BJ Penn is better than Frankie Edgar blows my fucking mind. Look at how their fights went. One was competitive and controversial. The other two (the 2nd of which took place FOUR MONTHS after the 1st) weren't even close. Still not convinced? Look who defeated the MUCH better competition much more frequently.

an excellent fighter, and an all-time great. not the greatest ever, but a top-five great lightweight/featherweight fighter.

Lmfao, Edgar is a far superior fighter to Baby Jay Penn. It amazes me the power of delusion possessed by BJ's cult. 1st fight wasn't a robbery. But it was a razor-close fight. BJ knew he was defeated before the cards were even read, watch it again.

Regardless of that, you say the "robbery" BJ suffered ruined his career because he dropped 2 in a row afterwards....yet you fail to mention that his NEXT fight was a rematch against Edgar (the man he is supposedly superior to, and had already "clearly" defeated) in which he got thoroughly outclassed in every facet of MMA, LOL!

Usually when the better fighter loses a bad decision, if they're lucky enough to get a rematch they prove their superiority (a la Machida-Shogun).

How anyone could attempt to objectively argue that BJ Penn is better than Frankie Edgar blows my fucking mind. Look at how their fights went. One was competitive and controversial. The other two (the 2nd of which took place FOUR MONTHS after the 1st) weren't even close. Still not convinced? Look who defeated the MUCH better competition much more frequently.

Razor thin?

Oh boy that must be some razor

I will remember him as the guy who lost to benson and aldo twice. Great fighter though.

Razor thin?

Oh boy that must be some razor

I agree, Frankie won it pretty concisely. BJ Penn thought so too. But it was close enough that BJ Penn's nuthuggers could disagree with him and argue it. What about their 2nd fight? A few months after the 1st? I'll be merciful and deign not to mention the 3rd fight LOL!!

I'll let you know once his career is over. He's already an atg in my book. I'm looking forward too seeing him add yet another ranked fighter on his resume once he beats KZ.

He gave us one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and was a very good fighter who had a long consistent career. Not every fighter is going to be in the goat discussion, some fighters like JDS, Cain, Anthony Johnson, Edgar, these guys that are top level competitors and make great runs in their division are exactly just that.

I have Edgar above all those guys. He's Former champ with three defenses and he's been ranked top 5 for a decade while fighting nothing but ranked fighters. Those other guys you mentioned haven't been as consistent at the highest level as long as Edgar has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back