What's Frankie Edgar legacy?

One of the best and toughest to ever step in the cage.

Arguably a contender for lw goat, especially as he was so undersized.

Fought elite competition 99% of the time.

Heart and chin of a lion and a champion.

Comparing Edgar with Dennis Hallman is a bit ridiculous.
If 145 had been around earlier and Frankie had fought there and not at LW he'd be regarded higher than he is as he'd have dominated it.
He's never a LW and looks like he could probably have gone to 135.
Considering he's been undersized in pretty much every fight he's done pretty well.

If aldo never existed, sure.

It’s shitty that the best 145er ever just happens to be Frankie’s WORST matchup

Straight up warrior. He is a very little man with the heart of a lion and always took on much bigger guys. A brave guy who never made excuses and never acted like a douche. Respek.

Hespek indeed

War Frankie!!!!

Frankie’s the fucking man.

He’s not an all time GOAT but he’s one of the best pound for pound fighters ever. Has he ever fought someone smaller than him?

Also fuck the second benson fight. One of the worst robberies I’ve ever seen
I wouldn’t say that but I had Edgar winning the Benson rematch 48-47.

Edgar Maynard II. Nuff said. I had written him off as a little pitty-pat guy. Showed me how little I knew.

The anti Khabib: fought larger men, did not cut 40 pounds and fought natty weight at LW, not a bully, respectful, humble, family man, does not dress wife in bee keeper suit, forthright and honest.

Frankie was a Champion and an all time great fighter. Maybe not a divisional GOAT, but 1 tier bellow that.

Had a murderer's row of opponents, an amazing list of high quality fights
Cub, Ortega, Yair, Stephens, Aldo, Mendes, Faber, Cub, BJ, Oliviera, Aldo, Bendo, Bendo, Maynard, Maynard, BJ, BJ ,Veach, Sherk, Franca, Maynard.

He bridged a few eras, won 3 title fights, beat a ton of guys. Only bested by a few elite fighters.

Showed huge heart and never said stupid shit. One of the most respected and least hated guys in MMA.

He was an institution of the game, a forced to be recokned with for 10 years.

Last edited:
He's the kind of guy who can come back from this...

1.gif

2.gif

And eventually do this...

3.gif

4.gif

9.gif

I think some people forget how he beat BJ twice in a row and took the LW strap from a guy who looked unbeatable by any LW at the time. Then beat him even more handily in the rematch. Then as recently as last year to put the beating he did on uber-prospect Yair, which just cemented his legacy as a top 5 gatekeeper who can still get a title shot at any given moment.

Frankie is Legend.

Just gonna put this out there I didn't watch a lot of Edgar's early fights but I did hear the controversy about the 2nd Bendo fight so I watched it and scored it decisively for Frankie. It's ridiculous Benson won but he's had a certain degree of good luck in his career, which is why I was laughing my ass off when Cerrone won the rubbermatch with him.

He's the kind of guy who can come back from this...

1.gif

2.gif

And eventually do this...

3.gif

4.gif

9.gif

I think some people forget how he beat BJ twice in a row and took the LW strap from a guy who looked unbeatable by any LW at the time. Then beat him even more handily in the rematch. Then as recently as last year to put the beating he did on uber-prospect Yair, which just cemented his legacy as a top 5 gatekeeper who can still get a title shot at any given moment.

Frankie is Legend.

That fucking Frankie slam is my favorite moment ever. What a comeback

If weight cutting was regulated, he’d have more W’s for sure.

And if Aldo didn’t exist, he’d be in the champ champ club. Aldo was just a bad style match up for him. Hell, Aldo was a bad style match for everyone for quite some time.

I would. But I’m definitely biased. No way Henderson won. He didn’t “win” any round.
I had it 49-46 Edgar, I think Edgar would’ve beat Diaz, Melendez and Pettis if he wasn’t robbed in that second fight. Aldo was Frankie’s toughest match up at the time in either division

Brian-Ortega-dropped-and-finished-Frankie-Edgar-R1-.gif

Conor believed Frankie deserved to get KO’d by him, so I say that’s a pretty damn good legacy.

arguably greatest display of heart ever in MMA vs. Gray Maynard.

Spent all of his career fighting bigger guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back