• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's DC's deal saying Islam should fight Conor?

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is he being a UFC shill or just shit stirring?

Khabib has always wanted to avoid saying Conor's name, and a few times I've seen DC try and get Khabib to say his name. Islam in his post fight said he doesn't want money fight, doesn't care about money.. clearly doesn't want to fight Conor. Yet DC goes on his show trying to get a Conor Vs Islam fight.

DC is an idiot. Could Conor make 155? I kind of doubt it.

Of course the UFC would love that. But Conor is not fighting Islam. The last thing he wants is to fight a wrestling based fighter (except Chandler that doesn’t wrestle anymore). That’s not happening.

It was stupid of him to even say it in public.

No way would Conor agree to fight Islam.
He no longer needs the money and no longer has that "will fight anyone anytime" mentality. He knows he would get absolutely slaughtered by Islam.
I like Conor actually, he could still be a great fighter but Islam is the worst kind of matchup for him.

Not even sure Conor would be a ''big'' payday in 2023 - Doesn't seem like the Irish like him anymore.

They could promote Makhachev vs McGregor almost like it was Khabib vs McGregor 2, it's not a competitive fight but it would still make mad bank if they did it before Conor takes another loss.

really good question
I can't believe that he really think that this is a good matchup

DC leave the odd matchup justifications that always get the same guys title shots to Dana, he's not better at it, but we are used to it from him. We want you to maintain your cred.

I was going to say Islam lost a bet to him so he made the video. But betting is haram so it can't be that

They could promote Makhachev vs McGregor almost like it was Khabib vs McGregor 2, it's not a competitive fight but it would still make mad bank if they did it before Conor takes another loss.
If they could get Conor a win and then he could make 155 (or Islam goes up to 170 for it) then the fight would make tremendous dollar. I also don't see the issue with it provided Islam keeps knocking off challengers in the meantime.

He must get a cut of Islam's purse haha

Is he being a UFC shill or just shit stirring?

Khabib has always wanted to avoid saying Conor's name, and a few times I've seen DC try and get Khabib to say his name. Islam in his post fight said he doesn't want money fight, doesn't care about money.. clearly doesn't want to fight Conor. Yet DC goes on his show trying to get a Conor Vs Islam fight.
He's just on the cool aid...

200w.gif

1e146893-93a8-46aa-945b-123e5643f60c_text.gif

Back