What's a cheap air / fan bike that works well?

I want a skiERG but can't help but think I could just tie resistance bands around my pull-up bar for a similar effect.
I visited a gym the other week with a "Concept 2 skier" (basically a flash one) for group tabatta.
Genuinely the hardest bit of cardio kit I've ever used.

I visited a gym the other week with a "Concept 2 skier" (basically a flash one) for group tabatta.
Genuinely the hardest bit of cardio kit I've ever used.

Concept 2 Ski Erg definitely a nice addition. Gym I go to has one and I work it into warm ups and workouts. One of my favorites for a general cardio blast. 20-15-10 cals of each - echo bik, ski erg, rower.

Ski erg, echo bike and rower are all about the same price. Wonder which would be best if you could only have one.

The bike and rower will come down to preference. I didn't like the rower because something in my left knee clicks every time I bend it, using the rower it would do it constantly. Bike is more forgiving on knees.
And the fact you can jump on it between sets (barefoot also) without having to strap shoes into holster.

Your best bet to get a cheap fan bike is to find a old used one on FB marketplace. Not sure what happened to the prices since Covid, but I remember before then I would see some that pop up for under $100. I just purchased a Rogue Echo Bike along with the wind guard about two days ago. Can't wait to start using it. My wife is actually more excited about it then I am.

Ski erg, echo bike and rower are all about the same price. Wonder which would be best if you could only have one.
All around cardio and leg destruction and training to over come muscle fatigue in legd, echo bike
All around body work along with great cardio, rower.

If I had to pick one it would be the rower as all around, I think it's a better tool and to be honest, the echo bike really can break your soul and although I use it, I don't enjoy it much LOL.

Today went 30-20-10 cals. Bike, row, ski. 30 cal stayed at 2 min for each piece. 20 cal stayed 1:15-1:20 each piece. 10 cal stayed 30-40 sec each piece.

Got this bad boy a few days ago. Legit killed me trying to do a 50 cal. I have no idea how these guys out there are getting sub 30 sec times. Need to adapt for at least a few weeks before I go all out and test myself
IMG-20210609-WA0015-01.jpeg

Got this bad boy a few days ago. Legit killed me trying to do a 50 cal. I have no idea how these guys out there are getting sub 30 sec times. Need to adapt for at least a few weeks before I go all out and test myself
View attachment 859923
Beefy. The LCD screen on those looked way more user friendly

Beefy. The LCD screen on those looked way more user friendly
Very basic and simple to use LCD screen. Haven't used the windguard yet, but I honestly don't mind the breeze. Will add a bottle holder and may create a makeshift tablet holder or just get one of those wall mounted ones. Only thing I'm not sure about is that their some slightly lateral movement of the handle bars. I need to find out if this is normal or not.

Very basic and simple to use LCD screen. Haven't used the windguard yet, but I honestly don't mind the breeze. Will add a bottle holder and may create a makeshift tablet holder or just get one of those wall mounted ones. Only thing I'm not sure about is that their some slightly lateral movement of the handle bars. I need to find out if this is normal or not.
They should be fairly sturdy to the arms, no shake left and right. If it's the same style attachment, it's a dual nut where the rotation arm of fan connects to the pulling handles. Had to take mine apart and tighten the nut on the inside to get the handles to stop wobbling.
Hard to explain but you know what feels not secure.

They should be fairly sturdy to the arms, no shake left and right. If it's the same style attachment, it's a dual nut where the rotation arm of fan connects to the pulling handles. Had to take mine apart and tighten the nut on the inside to get the handles to stop wobbling.
Hard to explain but you know what feels not secure.
Thanks! I just did a quick search and saw that it's not normal. Will tighten everything up better tonight.

Rogue Echo on sale $100 off right now if you were considering $695, free shipping

Rogue Echo on sale $100 off right now if you were considering $695, free shipping
I wish we had pricing like that on Rogue Canada.
I'm still going to wait until gyms are all open and people are trying to dump their home equipment.

I wish we had pricing like that on Rogue Canada.
I'm still going to wait until gyms are all open and people are trying to dump their home equipment.
Trying to hold out til black friday sales .
Those bikes are over priced as hell. The Titan I picked up is solid, but it didn't cost more $100 to make. They could sell for $400 and still profit

Titan Fan bike on sale $599 free shipping, not sure if summer sale or if just today. Browsing for bumpers and saw it.

Titan Fan bike on sale $599 free shipping, not sure if summer sale or if just today. Browsing for bumpers and saw it.
I've read it's not as good as Rogues but that's a hell of a price

I've read it's not as good as Rogues but that's a hell of a price
It's closer to the Assault than the Echo. Does it's job for sure for personal use. Not sure if it would hold up to commercial use of 10 people hours every day.

Any word on the BellsofSteel air bike?

Bought running shoes instead of a bike. Holy shit man. Running is absolutely relentless.

Back