What would you rate the UFC 297 card out of 10? And which fights are you looking forward to?

Rate UFC 297 card

• 1 worst card in history

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2 absolute garbage card

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • 3 below average card

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • 4 slightly bad card

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • 5 (okay card)

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • 6 slightly good card

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • 7 good card

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 8 great card

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 9 Very great card

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 10. GOAT level card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One more good fight (not great fight) away from being a decent card. Seems the future of PPV’s is going to be about the main event and the rest of the fights will be intriguing at best.

@Reach4theSky did some quality work
i love my Keane Av, but this is awesome
My profile photo was taken at Notre-Dame Cathedral’s spire in Paris. Twelve statues of the Apostles and four statues representing the Evangelists adorned the base of Notre-Dame Cathedral’s spire. Each of the four corners has a row of three Apostles, standing one behind the other, staggered by height. In front of each group of statuary are smaller statues that symbolize the Four Evangelists: a bull for St. Luke, a lion for St. Mark, an eagle for St. Jon, and an angel for St. Jones. Each grouping faces one of the four cardinal directions with all statues looking out over Paris, except for one. St. Thomas, the patron saint of architects, looks toward the spire, almost in contemplation.

I highly recommend you visit the Cathedral one day if you are ever in Paris. They even have statues of Saint Paul and Saint Peter

Statue of Saint Jones
1704383293583.png

Statue of Saint Peter

1704383566626.png

My profile photo was taken at Notre-Dame Cathedral’s spire in Paris. Twelve statues of the Apostles and four statues representing the Evangelists adorned the base of Notre-Dame Cathedral’s spire. Each of the four corners has a row of three Apostles, standing one behind the other, staggered by height. In front of each group of statuary are smaller statues that symbolize the Four Evangelists: a bull for St. Luke, a lion for St. Mark, an eagle for St. Jon, and an angel for St. Jones. Each grouping faces one of the four cardinal directions with all statues looking out over Paris, except for one. St. Thomas, the patron saint of architects, looks toward the spire, almost in contemplation.

I highly recommend you visit the Cathedral one day if you are ever in Paris. They even have statues of Saint Paul and Saint Peter

Statue of Saint Jones
View attachment 1021689

Statue of Saint Peter

View attachment 1021690

Jones is such a wonderful Human Being. We don't deserve him

I will visit the Cathedral and pay homage to the great Saints, especially the Greatest of them all, St. Jones

Jones is such a wonderful Human Being. We don't deserve him

I will visit the Cathedral and pay homage to the great Saints, especially the Greatest of them all, St. Jones
I have thought of naming my future son Jones
But I don't know if it's a good idea placing so much pressure on my kids to live up to such unrealistic expectations
By naming my children after Saint Jones they are expected to be holy and pure and free of sin from birth until death which is impossible for mere mortals
But at the same if they strive to be even 5 percent as good human beings as jon jones then my job as a good father is complete

I give it a 3/10. For a numbered event it's very meh. It would probably be a 6 if the 2 main card fights didn't fall through.

UFC is going to have to scrap this whole event if Sean or DDP pull out. Surprised they don't have a backup.

by the standards of the old days, crap. by new standards, business as usual.

I have thought of naming my future son Jones
But I don't know if it's a good idea placing so much pressure on my kids to live up to such unrealistic expectations
By naming my children after Saint Jones they are expected to be holy and pure and free of sin from birth until death which is impossible for mere mortals
But at the same if they strive to be even 5 percent as good human beings as jon jones then my job as a good father is complete

I would name him something else. I am Catholic and we are encouraged to take a Saints name for our Middle name at birth

For example mine is Joseph

You could give your Son Jon in homage to the most loving of Saints

I went with a 4, slightly bad card. And I hardly ever criticize the cards. But this one is not that good. Good main event with a very good 3rd fight on the main card.

4/10. Main event is fine, rest of card is meh.

edit: actually 3/10. The more I look at it, the more I don’t like it.
Exactly. A couple of high level fights (Strickland vs Du Plessis, Allen vs Evloev), a couple that could be fun (Curtis vs Barriault, maybe Jourdain vs Woodson) and some that could surprise us in being good but… Here’s hoping.

I certainly wouldn’t buy that PPV. Fortunately I don’t have to.

Back