What would you rate the UFC 297 card out of 10? And which fights are you looking forward to?

Rate UFC 297 card

• 1 worst card in history

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2 absolute garbage card

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • 3 below average card

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • 4 slightly bad card

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • 5 (okay card)

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • 6 slightly good card

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • 7 good card

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 8 great card

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 9 Very great card

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 10. GOAT level card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Strickland vs. DDP and Allen vs. Evloev are good fights.

Magny vs. Malott, Curtis vs. Barriault, and Jourdain vs. Woodson are ok fights.

Don’t really care much about any of the others but I’ll watch the whole card as I always do. For a ppv they’re asking $75 or whatever the price is now for, it’s probably a 3. As a card in general it’s probably a 5. Jan/Rakic and Ulberg/Reyes were pretty big losses for what was a rather average card to begin with.

Strickland vs. DDP and Allen vs. Evloev are good fights.

Magny vs. Malott, Curtis vs. Barriault, and Jourdain vs. Woodson are ok fights.

Don’t really care much about any of the others but I’ll watch the whole card as I always do. For a ppv they’re asking $75 or whatever the price is now for, it’s probably a 3. As a card in general it’s probably a 5. Jan/Rakic and Ulberg/Reyes were pretty big losses for what was a rather average card to begin with.
Yeah I was looking forward to Jan Rakic and Ulberg Reyes the most apart from the main event. Sucks the card lost those good fights

4/10. Main event is fine, rest of card is meh.

edit: actually 3/10. The more I look at it, the more I don’t like it.
Yeah i am absolutely stoked for the main event but the rest of the card, not so much.

Which fights will you be tuning in to watch? I'll probably watch most of the main card as i always do even if im not hyped for it

3/10
Looking forward to Strickland vs DDP, Allen vs Evloev, and Charles Jourdain's fight
Curious about the WBW fight but I am not sure to watch

Not feeling it, for a PPV its very lacklustre. 3/10

I am interested in...

Strickland vs DDP
Allen vs Evloev
Jourdain vs Woodson

These 3 fights interest me, but the rest isn't really interesting me. Looks like a random UFC Fight Night card but with an excellent main event for a fight night.

Not feeling it, for a PPV its very lacklustre. 3/10

I am interested in...

Strickland vs DDP
Allen vs Evloev
Jourdain vs Woodson

These 3 fights interest me, but the rest isn't really interesting me. Looks like a random UFC Fight Night card but with an excellent main event for a fight night.
As always, you are welcome to join me in my $600 million mega mansion to watch the fights!

Haven't started doing my research for the podcast yet, but on paper there are some very interesting matchups. Not to mention, last time the UFC was in Canada we had a clean sweep by the Canadians, great atmosphere and great performances.

- Jourdain vs Woodson: Should be fireworks and has the potential to be FOTN
- Curtis vs Barriault: Another potential FOTN, 25 KOs between the 2 of them. Surprised this is not the Featured Prelim, but wouldn't be surprised if it get's added to the main card now that Jan vs Rakic and Ulberg vs Reyes are off
- Katona vs Armfield: Can Katona carry that momentum from his FOTY contender vs Gibson? Armfield will oblige that type of fight
- Mallot vs Magny: Mallot getting the opportunity that so many other WW prospects have had, the Neil Magny test. Mallot got a really good pop from the crowd in Canada last time and if he can continue his finish streak, I expect the Scotiabank Arena to ERUPT!
- Allen vs Evloev: How does Allen respond after his first loss in over 9 years? Can Evloev prove he belongs among the best of the FW division despite a harder fight than expected against a short notice UFC newcomer (though in retrospect, a win over Lopes has aged VERY well)?
- Pennington vs Bueno Silva: Bueno Silva has that "it" factor that makes you believe she can finish anybody. If she can put away Pennington, she will join Amanda Nunes as the only other woman to do so in the UFC. This will also set up a showdown with Juliana Pena, the biggest fight that can currently be made in the WBW division.
- Strickland vs DDP: Despite the ugliness surrounding this fight, what a matchup! Last we saw noted door bell hater, DDP in the octogon, he was smashing Whittaker's head through the canvas. Last we saw Strickland in the cage, he was outclassing one of the greatest MWs of all time. Very few people have figured out the Sean Strickland puzzle, can Dricus figure it out and become the 1st South African champ in UFC history? I'd have to imagine that DDP as the champ gets Izzy back in the cage sooner rather than later.

One of the best parts about the UFC is regardless of what the card looks like on paper, there are always interesting questions that we get to have answered. Writing this got me juiced up for this card and I'm still working on this week's episode previewing the Ankalaev vs Walker 2 card. BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD!

Haven't started doing my research for the podcast yet, but on paper there are some very interesting matchups. Not to mention, last time the UFC was in Canada we had a clean sweep by the Canadians, great atmosphere and great performances.

- Jourdain vs Woodson: Should be fireworks and has the potential to be FOTN
- Curtis vs Barriault: Another potential FOTN, 25 KOs between the 2 of them. Surprised this is not the Featured Prelim, but wouldn't be surprised if it get's added to the main card now that Jan vs Rakic and Ulberg vs Reyes are off
- Katona vs Armfield: Can Katona carry that momentum from his FOTY contender vs Gibson? Armfield will oblige that type of fight
- Mallot vs Magny: Mallot getting the opportunity that so many other WW prospects have had, the Neil Magny test. Mallot got a really good pop from the crowd in Canada last time and if he can continue his finish streak, I expect the Scotiabank Arena to ERUPT!
- Allen vs Evloev: How does Allen respond after his first loss in over 9 years? Can Evloev prove he belongs among the best of the FW division despite a harder fight than expected against a short notice UFC newcomer (though in retrospect, a win over Lopes has aged VERY well)?
- Pennington vs Bueno Silva: Bueno Silva has that "it" factor that makes you believe she can finish anybody. If she can put away Pennington, she will join Amanda Nunes as the only other woman to do so in the UFC. This will also set up a showdown with Juliana Pena, the biggest fight that can currently be made in the WBW division.
- Strickland vs DDP: Despite the ugliness surrounding this fight, what a matchup! Last we saw noted door bell hater, DDP in the octogon, he was smashing Whittaker's head through the canvas. Last we saw Strickland in the cage, he was outclassing one of the greatest MWs of all time. Very few people have figured out the Sean Strickland puzzle, can Dricus figure it out and become the 1st South African champ in UFC history? I'd have to imagine that DDP as the champ gets Izzy back in the cage sooner rather than later.

One of the best parts about the UFC is regardless of what the card looks like on paper, there are always interesting questions that we get to have answered. Writing this got me juiced up for this card and I'm still working on this week's episode previewing the Ankalaev vs Walker 2 card. BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD!
Nice, mind sharing a link to your podcast? I'll check it out

If you consistently watch UFC Events, a lot notable fighters are on the card. If your just about the drama, then only the main event stands out.

Yeah i am absolutely stoked for the main event but the rest of the card, not so much.

Which fights will you be tuning in to watch? I'll probably watch most of the main card as i always do even if im not hyped for it
Honestly, I won’t be. I’ll be skipping this one.

I gave it a 6. Some potential sleepers there. Maybe not a great card, but such apparently weaker cards often deliver the goods. I will watch, as usual.

Back