What would you do if you hit the lottery?

Honestly dude, this is poor person talk. OMG. Living off interest of 1-3%? WTF Living off of 65K/year?

Get an education. Get a high paying job. Live within your means. Save and build a legacy for your family. If you don't touch your 10 million it will turn into 20 million in 10 years invested in a diversified portfolio. That will turn into 40 million in another 10 years. Live off of 1-3% interest and in 10 years if you're strict and regimented, you'll only have 10 million. But, in reality, you'll probably dip into the money and in 10 years you'll only have 5 million. In 20 years you'll have nothing and have forgotten how to work; BANKRUPT. Po person talk in this thread.

Many have invested large amounts and lost it. Many got that education and haven't been able to pay off their student loans.

I've always lived within my means and put money away even back when I was only making $25,000/year in the 70s. The last few years when I was making just over $100,000 a year I was banking $40,000 a year. Once you have your house paid for and no outstanding loans, the money just piles up. Phone, electric, cable, insurance and heating fuel is under $500/month. Groceries about $250/month. I recently had my roof replaced on my house and garage and it's covered by a warranty until I'm 100. I don't know what I'd spend money on. I've got 3 cars, 2 trucks and a motorcycle that are paid for. I don't do drugs or drink much alcohol. I've seen more of the world than I wanted to.

The average income in 2014 was $53,000 so the average person working for 45 years will make a total of about 2.4 million over their working life. Even if you average $200,000/year it will only be $9 million total and taxes will have been paid out of that so $6 million or less actual take home. $10 million is a considerable amount of money spread over a lifetime. You can easily live on it if you keep your head out of your ass.

The key is to buy a nice house but not an mc hammer deal. And expensive cars are depreciating assets. Rappers have them repo d all the time. I would buy stuff I like but not super cars. And lots of celebrities lose their asses on restraints and bars.

I would make a self-sustanable underground bunker with the fastest internet and stocked with hookers and blow.

Lmao. You all poor. This is why 70% of lotto winners go bankrupt.

20 million
Lump sum get 16 million
Taxes fees etc get maybe 9-10 million

Put it all in investments, don't do anything different other than maybe retire 10 years earlier.
77f3c6b752991ff2961af91e2cbaaede.jpg

Lobsters and schrimps, baby!

I'd build a resort in the country for nothing but the elderly. It would surround a huge lake so they could see something worth looking at in their dying days.

They could be wheeled onto a ferry and cruise the lake with anyone who wanted to visit them. Nothing like these nasty places they are forgotten in.

They could fish or chill at the beach if they wanted. Just try to make their life as best as I could before they pass.

I ain't even trying to fuck with the lottery unless it's over $100 million. But if I hit it, it's on. I'd change my identity and basically become the Tony Bourdain of ass. Jet setting around the world like an international Johnny Appleseed dropping loads in the finest women the world over.

lot of good ideas so far itt. esp the dildo factory. but I must say I have to unbiasedly, and objectively say that my plan is the best.. I'd basically be a real life Version of Bodie from point break without having to rob banks.

lot of good ideas so far itt. esp the dildo factory. but I must say I have to unbiasedly, and objectively say that my plan is the best.. I'd basically be a real life Version of Bodie from point break without having to rob banks.

you can buy the lifestyle but you cant buy the cojones amigo

you can buy the lifestyle but you cant buy the cojones amigo

you saying I don't have the balls to surf,snorkel, and bang hula girls for the rest of my life ??? Your ignorance is truly innocent you must not know my work so read up then apologize publicly a few pages from now

i'll be waiting.

Never fucking waste another hour of our short lives at work ever again.

Why you all hate work so much. I feel my work is meaningful and fulfilling. Yes lots of frustrations but overall positive.

Come to Sherdog, ask for some brilliant invest advice and triple my money.

Enjoy life and become a glutton of mutliple vices that will cause me to O.D. in no time.

I'd walk into work like Stone Cold Steve Austin...hitting everyone with chairs. Fun starts at 1:05.

I'm sure I could think of some fantasies and merchandise to splurge on but one of my main thoughts was to still work. I feel as though it would instill some drive in me instead of just being unmotivated.

I wouldn't go super crazy. I would buy a nice house, a 2 story house but nothing crazy big like a mansion. I would go on regular vacations all over the place. But overall I wouldn't change my overall life that much.

So who won the 478 million?

The first thing i'd do is research how to win the lottery and stay anonymous. Most likely i'd setup some kind of trust and have a lawyer accept the check on behalf of the trust.

Back