What would have happened if Lennox Lewis had a rematch with Vitali Klitschko?

Who would have won the rematch?

• Total voters
Vitali had been boxing for 7 years as a pro and won the WBO title. He managed to defend it a few times before losing it to Byrd (shoulder injury). He wasn't a prospect when he fought Lewis he was a former titlist.

...and Vitali also had zero elite wins which is why Lewis took the fight on short notice without much concern. Vitali undoubtedly saw a LOT more of Lewis than the other way around.

No, give me examples of this alleged bias that I've shown in the thread. Vitali's cuts clearly aren't worse but it doesn't matter. Both of their vision was compromised but only one of them was allowed to continue fighting. The one that was allowed was the A-side who had just signed a $100 million contract. He was given the benefit of the doubt while Vitali wasn't. If pointing this out irritates you then that's your problem.

If you cant see (pun intended) why this cut resulted in a stoppage than you care more about being right over the issue at hand.

boxing-985985.jpg

Dudes eyelid has literal tissue hanging on with cuts above and below the tissue. With another 6 rounds of a HEAVYWEIGHT punching at it...yeah, not a good idea.

...and Vitali also had zero elite wins which is why Lewis took the fight on short notice without much concern. Vitali undoubtedly saw a LOT more of Lewis than the other way around.
True but you don't need to have elite wins to be a contender or a former/current titlist. Just because a fighter holds an alphabet title doesn't necessarily mean that they're elite. Even the fighters today that are rated as divisional elites, many of them aren't genuinely that. Generally there aren't more than a few genuinely elite fighters in a division. Usually it's the Top 3 rated guys.

If you cant see (pun intended) why this cut resulted in a stoppage than you care more about being right over the issue at hand.

boxing-985985.jpg

Dudes eyelid has literal tissue hanging on with cuts above and below the tissue. With another 6 rounds of a HEAVYWEIGHT punching at it...yeah, not a good idea.
You've assumed wrong. I never took issue with the stoppage. In fact, I said it was justified. Never complained once. I merely brought up Fury vs Wallin for the sake of comparison. That fight could've quite easily been stopped. Fury's own cutman was surprised that it wasn't.

True but you don't need to have elite wins to be a contender or a former/current titlist. Just because a fighter holds an alphabet title doesn't necessarily mean that they're elite. Even the fighters today that are rated as divisional elites, many of them aren't genuinely that. Generally there aren't more than a few genuinely elite fighters in a division. Usually it's the Top 3 rated guys.

That is all true but in this circumstance Lennox Lewis was the Canelo of SMW or Fury of HW...clearly a favorite against every other opponent. Every other SMW and HW have watched Canelo and Fury fight countless times...they have a unique perspective on potential holes.

I dont know that Canelo/Fury (or Lewis) spend their time watching fights of all their potential opponents..maybe they do? Either way any opponent Canelo/Fury/Lewis fight will have seen more footage of them than the other way around

Last edited:
You've assumed wrong. I never took issue with the stoppage. In fact, I said it was justified. Never complained once. I merely brought up Fury vs Wallin for the sake of comparison. That fight could've quite easily been stopped. Fury's own cutman was surprised that it wasn't.

Fury's cut was bad but it was on the eyeBROW not the eyeLID.

Tyson-Fury-Otto-Wallin4-Mikey-WIlliams-Top-Rank.jpg

Fury cut probably shouldve resulted in stoppage but there were some differences. For Fury the worst case scenario seemed to be vision impairment d/t bloodflow (recipient of more damage). For Vitali he could've lost an eye...in addition to vision impairment from bloodflow (recipient of more damage).

Fury's cut was bad but it was on the eyeBROW not the eyeLID.

Tyson-Fury-Otto-Wallin4-Mikey-WIlliams-Top-Rank.jpg

Fury cut probably shouldve resulted in stoppage but there were some differences. For Fury the worst case scenario seemed to be vision impairment d/t bloodflow (recipient of more damage). For Vitali he could've lost an eye...in addition to vision impairment from bloodflow (recipient of more damage).
No. Fury had multiple cuts. Scroll up and look at my previous posts. He had 3 cuts total 2 of which were deep gashes. One was above the brow and the other big gash on the lower brow. Vitali wouldn't have lost an eye. The issue was blood getting into his eye which could impair his vision. Fury was in the same boat as his own cutman testified to. Blood was running down into his eye and it's clear to see even in that picture you posted.

this retard logic indicates that literally every thread on this forum is controversial.

Ummm... No. You got to work on your reading comprehension skills BADLY.

Here are two recent threads that didn't trigger a controversial discussion:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dillian-whyte-jermaine-franklin-nov-26th-dazn.4260480/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tuas-ko-of-ruiz.4265330/#post-169741624

Here's a recent thread that is aiming at just that:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ce-and-crawford.4264174/page-4#post-169753804

LL would have been 38 with 45 fights in the rematch. He retired for a reason. Vitaly would have won, and so would have father time the same night.

Now if we’re talking the Lewis from the Holyfield fights. LL’s win would have been even clearer.

No. Fury had multiple cuts. Scroll up and look at my previous posts. He had 3 cuts total 2 of which were deep gashes. One was above the brow and the other big gash on the lower brow. Vitali wouldn't have lost an eye. The issue was blood getting into his eye which could impair his vision. Fury was in the same boat as his own cutman testified to. Blood was running down into his eye and it's clear to see even in that picture you posted.
Its become a common misconception that blood getting into Vitali's eye was why the fight was stopped, but that isn't true. I'm guessing this stems from Vitali telling everyone who would listen that he could see out of the cut eye. The doctor was interviewed immediately after the fight and said that the blood had nothing to do with it. When he was talking to Vitali, his eyelid had drooped down over his eye to the point Vitali had to move his head around just to see the doctor standing right in front of him rather than just being able to see straight ahead and communicate clearly. The doc said he stopped the fight because if Vitali had to move his head around just to see him standing right in front of him, there was no way he believed he could see punches coming at him from that side.

Lennox beats him again easier. People always remember that fight strangely. Vitali wasn't dominating at the time of the stoppage. You had Lewis in the worst shape of his career, having trained to fight Kirk Johnson instead. The fight was only in the 7th round and Vitali was dead on his feet with his face looking like he'd stuck it under a lawnmower. Lewis was walking through Vitalis best shots at that point. Vitali was saved from a KO loss by that stoppage. He had 0 power left on his punches and could barely stay on his feet. People talk like it was the other way around.

I think it is all because Lennox looked sluggish and got knocked down. People forget that Lennox was always much better in rematches and emphatically beat anyone he lost to in a rematch. Lennox in my opinion was better than either Klitschko. He was just a smarter fighter who wouldn't have gotten flustered by Fury or Sanders. Lennox got beat mostly by him going into a fight and thinking it was going to be easy.

I think it is all because Lennox looked sluggish and got knocked down. People forget that Lennox was always much better in rematches and emphatically beat anyone he lost to in a rematch. Lennox in my opinion was better than either Klitschko. He was just a smarter fighter who wouldn't have gotten flustered by Fury or Sanders. Lennox got beat mostly by him going into a fight and thinking it was going to be easy.

Maybe take a closer look at the Oliver McCall rematch.
His KO loss against Hasim Rahman had other reasons.

It's not like he was as slick as Floyd Mayweather when it came to adjustments in rematches, nor would that be necessary against someone as one-dimensional as Rahman.

Last edited:
Maybe rake a closer look at the Oliver McCall rematch.
His KO loss against Hasim Rahman had other reasons.

It's not like he was as slick as Floyd Mayweather when it came to adjustments in rematches, nor would that be necessary against someone as one-dimensional as Rahman.

His loss to McCall I believe was before hooking up with Stewert. His Rahman loss was just laziness. McCall was legit even if he was unhinged. I still think he had an unreported drug problem

Ummm... No. You got to work on your reading comprehension skills BADLY.

Here are two recent threads that didn't trigger a controversial discussion:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dillian-whyte-jermaine-franklin-nov-26th-dazn.4260480/

...you didn't even read that.

"big step down"
"good fight"
"this fight sucks"

in the first 5 posts.

FAIL

lolz @ calling out reading comprehension when you either didn't read the threads you linked or you didn't comprehend that this argument was someone relying on pedantics to the point of rendering his own keyword moot.

ffs, this sub's trolls are worse at trolling than than the wr... and i thought THAT was extremely low level.

...you didn't even read that.

"big step down"
"good fight"
"this fight sucks"

in the first 5 posts.

FAIL

lolz @ calling out reading comprehension when you either didn't read the threads you linked or you didn't comprehend that this argument was someone relying on pedantics to the point of rendering his own keyword moot.

ffs, this sub's trolls are worse at trolling than than the wr... and i thought THAT was extremely low level.

I absolutely see now debate about anything going on there. It's just a thread among many about an upcoming event.

Also this here...

"big step down"
"good fight"

... is part of the same comment, and even the same sentence you fool.

... is part of the same comment, and even the same sentence you fool.

(posts 1 and 2 are just of the fight, no comments)

post 3: Big step down in competition for Whyte, but imo still a good fight against an undefeated boxer in Jermaine Franklin.

post 4: good fight though (and...not even about the main event)

post 5: (nothing, just a tag)

post 6: never heard of this fella, it's going to be his second fight in 3 years..... sure he is going to be great

post 7: This fight sucks

good lord man, are you seriously this incompetent? you picked a thread with virtually no posts and STILL just differing opinions to showcase an example of no one disagreeing? you mocked reading comprehension (while illustrating reading comprehension prowess of a toaster) and resorted to ad-hom... if you want to die on another poster's dumb hill - and with perhaps the dumbest example of all time, be my guest.

l@nd0

(posts 1 and 2 are just of the fight, no comments)

post 3: Big step down in competition for Whyte, but imo still a good fight against an undefeated boxer in Jermaine Franklin.

post 4: good fight though (and...not even about the main event)

post 5: (nothing, just a tag)

post 6: never heard of this fella, it's going to be his second fight in 3 years..... sure he is going to be great

post 7: This fight sucks

good lord man, are you seriously this incompetent? you picked a thread with virtually no posts and STILL just differing opinions to showcase an example of no one disagreeing? you mocked reading comprehension (while illustrating reading comprehension prowess of a toaster) and resorted to ad-hom... if you want to die on another poster's dumb hill - and with perhaps the dumbest example of all time, be my guest.

l@nd0

You suggested that someones logic is "retarded" because "literally every thread is controversial".
Now you basically admit how moronic your conclusion was after I gave you two examples where this isn't the case at all.

Anyway, I see this isn't going anywhere, and I can't slap you from over here. Wish you a bad day.

You suggested that someones logic is "retarded" because "literally every thread is controversial".

...because he was using the term in an overly pedantic (anyone disagrees = controversial) way, yes. hence, the irony of you calling out reading comprehension. congrats at butting into an (already stupid) argument you didn't even comprehend... and finding a way to make it even dumber.

Now you basically admit how moronic your conclusion was

wat

no, my conclusion is fine. i'm STILL mocking how moronic it is to go overly pedantic and render your own point moot (protip: if everything's controversial due to said moronic definition, being controversial is meaningless). congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back