What would happen if a UFC fighter steps into the cage, taps out and walks away?

Kicked out of UFC permanently and then no other orgs would want to sign them. It would be different if they got hurt or something. Happened in early UFC, but now guys just call out.

Withheld for violating some rule. I don’t think instantly quitting violates any rules, they can’t have a rule that forces you to fight on by taking your money.
Instantly quitting would most likely be seen as throwing a fight/taking a dive, which of course is illegal.... absolutely would withhold the purse and most likely press charges.

Game over.

Im not sure you're looking at this with unbiased eyes sir.

Instantly quitting would most likely be seen as throwing a fight/taking a dive, which of course is illegal.... absolutely would withhold the purse and most likely press charges.

Game over.

Im not sure you're looking at this with unbiased eyes sir.

It’s not illegal to throw a fight, it’s only illegal if you are betting money on the throw.

It’s not illegal for Jon Jones to go.. eh I like Stipe, I’m a tap out and give him the belt, it would be illegal if he bet 5 million on stipe then did that.

It’s not illegal to throw a fight, it’s only illegal if you are betting money on the throw.

It’s not illegal for Jon Jones to go.. eh I like Stipe, I’m a tap out and give him the belt, it would be illegal if he bet 5 million on stipe then did that.
You really don't understand how any of this works sir.
You ever hear of breach of contract?

The investigation would be immediate and no...you wouldn't get paid.

It would be the death knell for the UFC, just like how WCW died right after the Fingerpoke Of Doom

It didn't kill Pride.

I think the beginning death bell for WCW was not putting Sting over Hogan.

Yeah, it was their lack of a proper plan on how to move on from the NWO. Russo with no one to reign him in. Not knowing what to do with Goldberg after his streak ended. The inmates running the asylum. Using mid and low carders as big stars without proper build up. Lots of things. Heck, I don't recall much of WCW after maybe the end of 1997. WWF just had a better product.

It will work but they will probably be banned from the UFC. If it happened in Vegas then they will investigate that person for some trumped up gambling charge.

You really don't understand how any of this works sir.
You ever hear of breach of contract?

The investigation would be immediate and no...you wouldn't get paid.

I highly doubt there is a provision in the contract that dictates when you can quit a fight once it starts.

Dana would say :
"It's disrespectful for the fans, it's disrespectful for his opponent, it's disrespectful for the people who work there ; I'll tell you this : Belal will never fight for the UFC again. Never ever."

Back