What would cause a civil war?

I think we're about as close as you can get. Extreme political divide that could potentially erupt by denying the President-elect his position chosen by the majority electorate.

I don't think it's going to happen, but shit could get crazy if the electoral college loses their minds on Monday, and votes against the results of the election. I mean, they'd be going against this:

th

Might be a little problematic...

If Alex Jones and Lena Dunham ran for President in 2024 and there was a deadlock in the electoral college then I could see a civil war.

Don't see it happening tbh. Conditions aren't right in the slightest and nothing really to die over.

if you can still afford to eat at coldstone, there wont be a civil war.

americans today, all of us, are spoiled as shit. we dont have real problems, and no one is going to take it to the streets to do much more than throw bottles.

I don't think such a thing is possible. It would be more like a rebellion type thing between the government and people rather than two clear geographic sides. I can't see the military ever splitting on an issue and civilians aren't going to beat the military at the stage in time

The military will sit this one out. Guaranteed.

I think we're about as close as you can get. Extreme political divide that could potentially erupt by denying the President-elect his position chosen by the majority electorate.

I don't think it's going to happen, but shit could get crazy if the electoral college loses their minds on Monday, and votes against the results of the election. I mean, they'd be going against this:

th

One problem with your theory is that more people live in those pockets of blue in California and New York than in all of those solid Red states that take up 1/4 of the map in the North. For instance Obama beat Mccain by like 8 Million votes in 2008 but county by county it looks like this.
changer.png

th

Except that land doesn't vote; people do.

Lincoln didnt want to touch slavery in the South. He wanted it banned in the West.

No, land actually does vote. Not physically, but the worth of the people's vote is in part determined by land.
I can't argue with that. But the point still stands. The pop density in those blue areas probably 10-fold to the red.

If DC and Marvel characters spring out of nowhere trouble is coming.

What would cause a civil war?

We are a lot similar to the original civil war than we think. TNT had a new show called Civil which show cases what happened before and what led to the civil war but was cancelled because it's too similar to modern day.

A little history for you guys. In 1860, Lincoln was running for President who was also in support of banning slavery. The South obviously was against it. The South seceded when Lincoln won the Presidential election without any of the Southern state's votes becoming the first Republican President.

After Trump won, California and other states wanted to secede too. Now they are trying to change the elector's vote. Doing everything they can to prevent Trump from winning. What would happen when/if he steps into office and they can't do anything to stop him? Are these states really going to secede? Or are they going to try and assassinate Trump?

What would the red states do if electors changed their votes and Hillary became President?

One little difference between the 2 is that it was North vs South. We are pretty divided too but it's much more than just North vs South. Even in a widely blue state like California, you have Trump supporters. Unlike the first civil war in which killing Lincoln isn't going to solve the slavery or political problems, killing Trump might.

So, what would happen in these scenarios:
1) Trump wins and steps into office
2) Trump wins and gets assassinated
3) Electors changed their votes and Hillary wins

What would happen in these 3 scenarios? What would cause a civil war? We're pretty divided. Based on popular votes, it's 50-50.

Will we ever have another civil war?

Cool fact: Trump is the oldest president at 70. Nixon is the 2nd oldest at 69.

obama-the-great-divider-obama-politics-1341571326.jpg

What exactly would we be fighting over? None of us coastal elites are going to come to the farms and the swamp states the Trump supporters reside in to win land that sucks and makes people angry and hateful.
lol this is so liberal is comical, as others have already pointed out to you, the land you apparently think sucks is where your food comes from

One problem with your theory is that more people live in those pockets of blue in California and New York than in all of those solid Red states that take up 1/4 of the map in the North. For instance Obama beat Mccain by like 8 Million votes in 2008 but county by county it looks like this.
changer.png

Those are same people that get PTSD firing a rifle at a gun range.

When Trump tries to cuck America into oblivion to Russia

The livelihoods of a significant amount of the American population would have to be threatened.

We ought to remember that the first Civil War took place because the South had become dependent on slave labour, and they feared that the economy would collapse from the sudden abolition of slavery, which it did. No one argues in favour of slavery, but most historians agree that the abolition process could've been handled more gracefully, in a way that would've allowed the slaves to continue working while being paid a fair wage, instead of becoming unemployed and living in a constant state of poverty, due to the collapse of the land owners.

In a modern scenario, you'd legitimately have to threaten the working class with automation, mass immigration, off-shoring of jobs, among other things, to the point where most of them will be dependent on the State in order to provide for themselves, to be able to fuel another civil war.

Right now, the levels of employment and median disposable income are still good enough that I do not see civil war being a legitimate concern until atleast 20-30 years of constant fuck-ups.

Last edited:
if you can still afford to eat at coldstone, there wont be a civil war.

americans today, all of us, are spoiled as shit. we dont have real problems, and no one is going to take it to the streets to do much more than throw bottles.

Yeah, it is very difficult to get a real war going when there is a large middle class and people are relatively comfortable.

It will have to be an online civil war where people still relax while they are fighting.

Civil war? I think it would moreso take the appearance of civil decimation nowadays.

Back