What would be the best case scenario for the current UFC HW division?

Should both Stipe and Jones retire now and let the HW division move on to a new era?

• Total voters
I like the Aspinall/Pavlovich fight, and I'd like to see Jones fight the winner of that. Stipe I don't care about; not sure why not. The only other HW that excites me is Almeida; after he blows through Derrick Lewis I'd like to see him fight for the title some time in 2024.

I honestly think it would be best if both Stipe and Jones retire at this point. They're both past their primes and have nothing else to prove besides making money for a big fight against each other. But their holding up the division, it's not fair for the rest of the hungry fighters ranked below them.

It's time to move on to a new era of the HW division.
Stipe fights the winner of Aspinall and Sergei. Jones gets run over by a car driven by a gaggle of pregnant women.

Please add this as a voting option.

I honestly think it would be best if both Stipe and Jones retire at this point. They're both past their primes and have nothing else to prove besides making money for a big fight against each other. But their holding up the division, it's not fair for the rest of the hungry fighters ranked below them.

I agree. If they don't retire and want to fight wach other, it shouldn't come at the cost of holding up the belt/division, while they take years off competing to negotiate contracts / do whatever it is they do in the years between fights.

I agree. If they don't retire and want to fight wach other, it shouldn't come at the cost of holding up the belt/division, while they take years off competing to negotiate contracts / do whatever it is they do in the years between fights.

So true, it's ridiculous. Let the young hungry fighters take over. And the old men move on.

Best case scenario would be Jones beats Stipe and fights the winner of Pav/Aspinall.

I have some desire to see Jones vs Stipe as a legacy fight, but in my mind it's not a title fight. Aspinall vs Pavlovich is for the real title.

JJ obviously popped for the millionth time and should be banned for life

I’d like to see Stipe fight one more

I think we are in effect "moving on" with the two best guys now scheduled to duke it out.

The division moves forward with fights we all want to see eh?

If Jones or Stipe want to get involved? I'll watch.

We (the fans) are no longer waiting for Francis, Jones, or Stipe to define who is top dog.

They can keep Jones at the top of the PFP list until 2029 as long as there are good fights to watch.

Stipe fights the winner of Aspinall and Sergei. Jones gets run over by a car driven by a gaggle of pregnant women.

Please add this as a voting option.

I like Stipe and he was a great champ but hell no.

Almieda with a win over Lewis and Volkov should be way way ahead of Stipe. Miocic hasnt won in how long now?

If Jones wants to fight Stipe fine, just drop the belt then. Stipe has no business fighting for a title.

Everyone keeps saying Jones is past his prime, but I don't see it, we need more proof and evidence, he fought Gane recently and absoutley destroyed him very easily, Gane has beat everyone else except a close decision with Francis. He is the so called new breed of HW that you all keep parroting on about

Yes I know Jones is 36 but you have to remember he is HW now, its not old, Cormier was 43 when he has the HW belt, Randy was 45, if we go down a division to LHW Glover was 44, Jan was 40.

I feel like this out of his prime stuff is wishful thinking, because we all know Jones has just got way too much skill for all of them and people don't want to see him win all the time. He irks people beyond belief. Not me.. I enjoy seeing the best fighters.

Everyone keeps saying Jones is past his prime, but I don't see it
giphy.gif

Yeah people keep saying this, but what have we seen to suggest that?, I certainly ain't seen Jones getting knocked out like Weidman lol. This past his prime stuff seems like very wishful thinking to me. He looked EXCELLENT in his HW fight against the number 1 contender who has beaten all these so called "new breed young guys" lol

36 is nothing for HW, Jones has got many years left, Randy was 9 years older when he was UFC HW champion, Cormier was 7 years older when he was HW champion..

I would understand more if Jones was flyweight or a small weightclass because its true that speed and reflexes are key in those divisions, but HW you age very well, everyone is slow and flat footed and not the best skill level.. Jones could easily keep winning for 8+ more years. I've seen enough combat sport.. MMA, boxing and kickboxing to know HW's can go on forever, even George Foreman was a killer at 50 years old and the champion

Jones should just retire at this point, way past his prime and the injury he recently had will at least take a year to recover then another year to train and get into fight shape proberly won't be fighting until early 2026

Division needs to move on, Stipe also should retire as well or take another fight, maybe against Volkov

Pav & Tom are the future of the division
Gane needs to stop ducking Blaydes

Last edited:
The best that can happen is whoever wins the interim belt gets an unification bout with whoever wins between Stipe vs Jones, thats the best thing it can happen to the division, the sooner the better, whoever wins the Iinterim might have time for 1-2 title defenses in the mean time, they could even book them on the same card for some in-cage face-off with Interim vs Undisputed HW action.

Jones should just retire at this point, way past his prime and the injury he recently had will at least take a year to recover then another year to train and get into fight shape proberly won't be fighting until early 2026

Division needs to move on, Stipe also should retire as well or take another fight, maybe against Volkov

Pav & Tom are the future of the division
Gane needs to stop ducking Blaydes
jonny bones is the GOAT and he aint goin nowherrrrrrre

Back