What would be the best case scenario for the current UFC HW division?

Should both Stipe and Jones retire now and let the HW division move on to a new era?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I honestly think it would be best if both Stipe and Jones retire at this point. They're both past their primes and have nothing else to prove besides making money for a big fight against each other. But their holding up the division, it's not fair for the rest of the hungry fighters ranked below them.

It's time to move on to a new era of the HW division.

Pavlo vs Aspinall for interim
Jones vs Stipe, with the belt, whenever. They build it up as a retirement fight for both.
Jones wins by 2nd round sub changes his mind about retirement and calls out Pavlo to unite the belts
Fights Pavlo
Then he retires.
and Lewis KO's Jailton

Pavlo vs Aspinall for interim
Jones vs Stipe, with the belt, whenever. They build it up as a retirement fight for both.
Jones wins by 2nd round sub changes his mind about retirement and calls out Pavlo to unite the belts
Fights Pavlo
Then he retires.
and Lewis KO's Jailton

You honestly think Jones will risk fighting Pavlo?

You honestly think Jones will risk fighting Pavlo?
I think he would put on a wrestling clinic. Jones doesn't like fighting guys with the same reach he has though, does mess up his striking defense some. Risking his legacy on it idk that's tough. It's not like LHW didn't have absolute killers he fought earlier in his career and Pavlo hits hard but he isn't some technical phenom..
<Fedor23>
I'm here for it

Best is for Jones to fight the winner of Tom vs. Pav, but if the alternative is still Jones vs. Stipe a year from now....yeah I'm good if they just go away. Almieda is a great first challenger for the new champ unless he gets nuked by Lewis.

Last edited:
Jones should fight the Aspinall/Pavlovich winner. If they insist on doing the Stipe fight and both are going to retire after, just have it be a non-title fight and let the division move on.

I just want them to go away. Stipe has cried his way into how many title shots now? Jones clearly has no desire to fight a legit top heavyweight.

Bones v Stipe is a superfight that needs to happen, but not at the expense of the HW division.

Bones should vacate. Stipe should wait it out - if his sole intention is to fight Bones - and Pav v Aspinal or Gane for the vacant HW title.

We have been on this (obvious) course for quite a spell.

<EdgyBrah>

Best is for Jones to fight the winner of Tom vs. Pav, but if the alternative is still Jones vs. Stipe a year from now....yeah I'm good if they just go away. Almieda is a great first challenger for the new champ unless he gets nuked by Lewis.
That's what I'm wondering: who is the next in line? I just don't want to see Gane get another shot just yet.
My top four (not in order)
Almeida, Gane, Volkoff, and Blaydes

Jones wants to fight Stipe, Stipe wants to fight Jones.

Let them fight.

Stipe needs to retire and Jones should fight Aspinall/Pavlovich winner and if he doesn’t want to then he should retire too.

Back