What will Jon Jones' legacy be after he loses to Reyes?

I may be remembering it wrong, but as I recall Machida was fucking him up more than was getting fucked up then the standing choke put an end to that.

On a side note I liked your post cuz I agree he will be remembered as a guy who fought in an era where "everyone" was on steroids. So how can we say he had any unfair advantage if he was dirty?

I also liked other posts that disagreed cuz we will never know and there will always be doubt. "Picogram"

Messy complicated and controversial. This is why a few fighters get most of the discussion.

edit: I just re watched that fight and I stick with my opinion. Jon won but definitely did not win playing Machida's game. If it stayed on the feet Machida was going to KO Jones. Jones only success in that fight was ground and pound and wrestling. He was getting pieced up in boxing.

Last edited:
He will be remembered exactly like this, some calling him the GOAT others a cheat and the debate will go on for ever! There will always be controversy around his name.

You do realize he only used 2x got busted against dc and gus ? He proved hes better than them beating them CLEAN in their rematch.
Thats a fact. Now go to sleep and dont cry ts.

The hate in this thread is laughable. Like he was the only one on PEDS...he destroyed almost everyone, many of those wins came against guys also taking PEDS. He has faced a murderers row since he started...Never had lapses of good competition like Fedor or lack of finishes like GSP. You want to question his character, im all for it. But to deny he is the most dominant, and skilled fighter, you are just a hater. By the way, I NEVER root for him. Rooted for Gus and DC. He destroys champions.

- A fighter that was finally exposed?
- A fighter that ran into a bad style matchup?
For me - these two. The gen public will prolly say the roids. He fought so much one dimensional fighters throughout his career, it's not even funny. It's normal I would say - it's 205, very shallow talentpool. And the few that could do more than one thing well didn't have the right style to beat him. I would say Reyes has the perfect style and he is young, rangy, athletic to pull it off. Rakic with a lil bit of seasoning will be fucking terrible for Jones also. 205 has some young talents that can beat him. Don't forget Corey Anderson. When he is not shitting the bed he is a damn good fighter.

He's become more known for his steroid use and shenanigans outside of the octagon than his fighting these days.

The only reason why he still has fans is because of the aura that comes with being "undefeated". A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.

After he loses, how will he be remembered?

- A fighter that was only good because of PEDs?
- A fighter that was past his prime?

Unless I'm mistaken, there was a user on Sherdog that said that they will definitely burn their own house down if Jon Jones eliminates Anthony Smith.

To this day, that user on Sherdog never burned their own house down. That means that he or she is a welch.

Anyone that escapes and ducks a bet is a welch.

By the way, my current Sherdog bet record is 1-1.

His legacy is epic, and I believe it will remain forever, even if he loses.

He's become more known for his steroid use and shenanigans outside of the octagon than his fighting these days.

The only reason why he still has fans is because of the aura that comes with being "undefeated". A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.

After he loses, how will he be remembered?

- A fighter that was only good because of PEDs?
- A fighter that was past his prime?

All that salt for the best fighter we've ever seen in MMA.

If steroids made you Jon Jones, there'd be more Jon Joneses.

Your fav fighter is on roids too, but I'm sure you know that. I'm sorry that they couldn't achieve what Jones has.

Never lost a fight. Never even been rocked in a fight. Just tell us why you really hate Jones....

As a guy who could have gone 100-0 of he had a clear head but chose to be a lunatic instead

Terrific GOAT calibre run 2011-15, recurrent drug test failures and criminality crises therefter, coupled with long absences from competition then mostly mediocre, dull, and unimpressive performances that - with the obvious exception of DC II - could most charitably be described as 'clinical'.

Back