What will Jon Jones' legacy be after he loses to Reyes?

histrionics

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's become more known for his steroid use and shenanigans outside of the octagon than his fighting these days.

The only reason why he still has fans is because of the aura that comes with being "undefeated". A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.

After he loses, how will he be remembered?

- A fighter that was only good because of PEDs?
- A fighter that was past his prime?
- A fighter that was finally exposed?
- A fighter that ran into a bad style matchup?

Remembered? Its gonna be time to forget

his legacy is tarnished for life, just like TJ, just like Armstrong etc.

As one of the most dominant and polarizing fighters in MMA history. Also the undisputed GOAT LHW, and that’s if he retired immediately after the loss.

his legacy is tarnished for life, just like TJ, just like Armstrong etc.
I don't often agree with you dawg but you nailed it here.

Jones is the Armstrong of MMA. GOAT performer but forever tainted.

Poor GSP fans, can't forgive Jones for never tapping to strikes

An average fighter who benefited from an absolutely pathetic division by beating old ass MWs whilst on PEDs and relying on eye pokes.

I’d say great fighter because of PED’s. Big question mark over how good he actually was. Logical to presume he would not have been in GOAT contention without the help.

I’d also say he’s fighting his way to boring status currently, with more and more poor showings against weak opposition.

OP’s 3rd anti Jones threads in less than 48 hours. <{hughesimpress}>

A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.
None of the current LHW division will beat him.

I’m sure all of Jones Pride opponents, Machida, Vitor, Chael, Bader, Cormier and the likes before USADA were all clean and natural fighters.

By sending Santos in a wheelchair?

No such thing as “bad style” matchup when it comes to Jones. He destroyed every one of them in their own game.

Clearing 2 division and will likely to clean the 3rd if he stays in LHW.

EGXnebdUwAA6MRH

Last edited:
A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.

No, why? GSP lost in his prime, Anderson had a couple of losses entering his prime and you could argue he was at least close to his prime vs Weidman. Fedor was almost the exact same age Jones is now when he lost vs Werdum.

You could argue that testing positive eliminates you from GOAT, but that's a different story. One loss certainly doesn't.

He's become more known for his steroid use and shenanigans outside of the octagon than his fighting these days.

The only reason why he still has fans is because of the aura that comes with being "undefeated". A loss to Reyes would certainly eliminate him from any further GOAT discussion.

dont care about shennanigans. Constant cheating with steroids negates any legacy he might have had. Even if he's clean current research shows benefits from the juice can last a decade.

His legacy is rock steady. We can say he is over his prime and this is normal. Every sportsman (in any sport) reaches this point.

Probably the same way he will be after " losing" to the last 5 guys who's names were in Reyes place in this exact thread. So far they've all failed to pull off that critical winning part though which kind of fucked all those threads up.

Who knows, eventually it will come true, maybe this will finally be the one, not sure I would hold my breath in anticipation mind you.

Jones is probably the greatest MMA fighter of all-time, but his reputation is tarnished. I really like Reyes, but if Jones comes in with his mind and body right, he won't lose. Jones has only had a few close fights in his entire career. Most of the time it's been a cat playing with mice.

You’re entire premise is inane and he will not lose.

He will be remembered as the GOAT.

Steroid abuser
Poker of eyes

He will still probably be loved by judges everywhere. (Gus, Santos)

Not law judges, just mma judges.

Probably past his prime. He's the only great fighter to exist as great before and after USADA. Most guys left the sport already or have different types of careers if they are still around.

Jones bound to lose sooner or later. His legacy is set in stone.

So confident that Jon's losing to the guy whose best wins are Saint Preux, Cannonier (who was mediocre af at lhw), and a razor thin decision over Oezdemir, yet I bet you won't have the balls to put any real money on him.

Back