What were you most impressed with by Reyes ?

Honestly I was impressed with how he handled the decision. He didn't complain whine or even seem visually upset.

I was impressed with his EPD (Eye Poke Defense).
Did he get poked clean even once?

That he had no fear of Jones. Thought he took it to Jones and out struck him which was surprising. His TDD and ability to bounce back to his feet was impressive too.

Avoiding jones leg kicks and making him pay everytime he tried to engage

At this point it seems as if Jones has almost no punching power. If Anderson beats Jan I expect him to go right at Jones as well. It may not work as well seeing how he favors inside work over kickboxing range but neither Jones wrestling or clinch work has been as impressive lately.

Unless Jones suddenly starts improving, unlikely seeing how JackWink is a shell of its former self, like Jones, hes going to lose in the next 2 fights. Those fights likely being Anderson and then either Santos or Reyes
Fighters don't improve at Jackson MMA. They become better tacticians. But they actually regress as fighters and lose skills. The tactics make up for but eventually you're left with a shell of a fighter with no offensive weapons and no reasons for their opponents to give them any respect on the ground or the feet.

Nobody expected Reyes to perform so sound, some suspected KO fluke win but not a complete game from Reyes.

Fighters don't improve at Jackson MMA. They become better tacticians. But they actually regress as fighters and lose skills. The tactics make up for but eventually you're left with a shell of a fighter with no offensive weapons and no reasons for their opponents to give them any respect on the ground or the feet.

I’ve been saying this for years. Greg Jackson is a masterful game planner but they rarely develop homegrown talent.

I’ve been saying this for years. Greg Jackson is a masterful game planner but they rarely develop homegrown talent.

Jacksons not even really around anymore so they only have Winks shitty kickboxing coaching to guide them.

Name one guy who's came out of there in recent years with slick striking or who looks like a polished complete martial artist.

Back