What went wrong for Aliskerov tonight in your opinion?

I mean to the guys credit, he came in on short notice. Getting hit flush was probably a huge shock to his system
He had a full camp - remember? His fight was cancelled

Chris at his overall peak might beat peak Rob in a fight but I think it's like 50/50. It's hard to ignore Chris going 3-7 in his last 10. Silva is a great win but nobody stays at the top forever and Silva was old. His other best wins, Vitor and Machida have their caveats too. Machida went down in weight and Vitor was also old with a lot of mileage. Rob has proven himself more with longevity.
Ya forsure, Chris might have reached a higher peak with top level grappling and very good stand up but Rob has lasted WAY longer at the top level of the division with very good grappling and very good stand up.

Rob has had a few injuries but Chris was cut short by them.

A few things.

Robert Whittaker is not Warrley Alves. That's a hell of a jump in class. Especially on short notice.

Ikram doesn't seem that durable, he got hit with similar shots that Whittaker hits every opponent with and while everybody else takes them, Ikram was doing the chicken dance.

Ikram also seems to have an issue defending uppercuts. Hes been KOed twice now by opponents throwing naked uppercuts. He didn't even see them coming. Clearly something he needs to work on.

Ikram = slow, no chin.

A few things.

Robert Whittaker is not Warrley Alves. That's a hell of a jump in class. Especially on short notice.

Ikram doesn't seem that durable, he got hit with similar shots that Whittaker hits every opponent with and while everybody else takes them, Ikram was doing the chicken dance.

Ikram also seems to have an issue defending uppercuts. Hes been KOed twice now by opponents throwing naked uppercuts. He didn't even see them coming. Clearly something he needs to work on.

Bro it’s a little hard to defend uppercuts when you already half concussed on stanky legs lol

From the time Rob became MW champ, in the next 6 yrs he only lost to Izzy. There's an alternative universe where Izzy doesn't come to MMA/UFC & Rob is a longtime defending MW champ who's the 2nd GOAT MW after Anderson. Rob has basically taken on all comers, anyone of note at MW during his UFC MW career

I read that too, the only difference would be the three rounds -> five rounds.
I'm just confused on why people were talking about a double weight cut. Although I'm sure it's not pleasant being that close to the fight and having to stay dehydrated for an extra week.
You don't cut water like that.

Foot work

Maybe nerves, it was a big fight

But his feet looked like he was in clay
The gifs that dude always posts show it - he threw a lazy calf kick with flat feet and got cracked

From the time Rob became MW champ, in the next 6 yrs he only lost to Izzy. There's an alternative universe where Izzy doesn't come to MMA/UFC & Rob is a longtime defending MW champ who's the 2nd GOAT MW after Anderson. Rob has basically taken on all comers, anyone of note at MW during his UFC MW career
You leave out DDP

Head movement! Whittaker smacked him right under the ear looked like. Goodby equilibrium.

Hmm top 3 ? Weird I never thought of it... I'd put Franklin at the same level... Bisping actually also had a great mw career... you are probably right! But it literally is something I never thought of.. I like hendo as an all time MW too... and Weidman before his huge downfall
Whittaker has the best resume in MW history. He only loses out to Izzy due to the head to head win(and I think they are 1-1-)
He might not have the belt but he has more top 10 wins than anyt other MW in the history of the sport and only lost to 2 guys who have both held the belt in the weightclass.

Like Makachev 2nd fight, too green, he needs a few more fights.

Short notice to fight top contender, and bad advise from Khabib who thinks he should take whatever oppurtunity that arise to get to the top.

Back