What was the training Brandon Vera was doing?

samurai4287

Green Belt
Reaction score
What is that called? Can anyone send me to the correct thread? I'm sure it's been done before. If not, I'd like some information on it. Is it the best thing to do for pure strength?

There's a utube video of him training on the TRX. They also mention his name on their site as one of the professional athletes that uses the system. It's 2 adjustable straps with handles that you can adjust for various body weight exercises. Brandon claims he doesn't do weight and uses the TRX exclusively for strength.

brandon isnt really a fighter known for his strength so this may not be what you want to follow if you wNT TO BE STRING

There's a utube video of him training on the TRX. They also mention his name on their site as one of the professional athletes that uses the system. It's 2 adjustable straps with handles that you can adjust for various body weight exercises. Brandon claims he doesn't do weight and uses the TRX exclusively for strength.

Do you think you can be strong enough with just TRX, to be a competitive mma fighter?

from the video it looked like it was a lot of stability and core strength being used.

I'd say the TRX can be a good tool but I prefer Rings myself, much cheaper and very similar (although you can do a few more exercises on the TRX).

Can you get strong enough on the TRX to be an MMA fighter?? Well, Brandon's already a strong enough guy but I'd say you're better off including squats, deads and C&J's with your Ring/TRX training.

brandon isnt really a fighter known for his strength so this may not be what you want to follow if you wNT TO BE STRING

Did you get attacked or something while you were typing out that last part? Was it like, "Brandon Vera isnt really well know for strength so you sh..OH FUCK A BEAR!!!!"

Did you get attacked or something while you were typing out that last part? Was it like, "Brandon Vera isnt really well know for strength so you sh..OH FUCK A BEAR!!!!"

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

lol... one of the funniest posts I have read in a while... thank you murdock.

Do you think you can be strong enough with just TRX, to be a competitive mma fighter?

from the video it looked like it was a lot of stability and core strength being used.

Not sure if it's enough. Brandon is the only MMA fighter I know who using it and his looks doesn't help him with any strength training endorsement :)

As far as it being enough for an average guy, I've temporarily canceled my gym membership for logistic reasons and have been working out at home with a makeshift "TRX" along with floor exercises. With their exercises and other "suspension training" exercises I have researched on the web, I have been able to maintain my upper body size and strength but my core is many times stronger. Every single exercise is also an isometric exercise on all of your abdominals. I got a six pack after 3 weeks, I lifted for years, my six pack has always been "there" but never really showed itself :icon_chee If I get much stronger, I can always get a weight vest and keep going.

I'd say the TRX can be a good tool but I prefer Rings myself, much cheaper and very similar (although you can do a few more exercises on the TRX).

Better yet make one yourself for $25 with interchangable loops (double as ab slings) and handle bars and benefit from the core/leg exercises of the TRX and the upperbody exercises of the rings :icon_chee

omg i just burst out laughing so loud, thanks murdock!

This thread was a total phailure until Murdock showed up. Congradulations.

Back