What was Belcher thinking with his guillotine attempts?

All credit to Okami on that. His defense is so good that he puts you in such a position that forces you to resort to desperation submission attempts like Belcher resorted to.

he pissed me off with those as well.

okami landed on his back every time he completed the takedown and when he started scrambling back up belcher jumped right into the guillotines. they weren't even close. if you can put up some kind of offense with your guard, there's no problem with such a strategy. but he literally defended the takedown, wound up on top, jumped back to the ground and had his guard passed again and again.

the other thing that had me screaming was the retarded fucking ref, standing them up 2 seconds after okami worked his way into side control. the idiot should never ref another match.

Askren told him to circle, stay off the fence and use his hands. When he did this, he was winning the fight. I was rooting for Belcher, and yelled at the TV the couple of times he dropped for the guillotine.

I like Belcher but he had poor fight IQ. Poor movement and was close to the cage most of the fight, ended up on his back from three gulliotines

Not surprising when he was jumping on his back.

look how these keyboard black belts analyse

Not gonna lie, as much as Okami bores me to tears a lot of the time, I was smirking all the way through that fight. Belcher's been barking up the wrong tree, not a contender yet clearly!

I was already pretty drunk and high by the time this fight started but I remember yelling "Jeeebus, don't go for the Guillotine this time!" and of course Alan doesn't do it, and I feel a little foolish. He takes Okami's back...but then Okami starts shrugging him off and it slows turns into another guillotine attempt, from Okami's back.

He tried to sub a guy who has one of the best submission defenses in the UFC, a guy whom nobody could even submit in ADCC.

And even after Askren was like "AND STOP GOING FOR CHOKES!" Belcher immediately drops for a guillotine and gets molested for the remainder of the round.

this.

after the first time, wtf does he continually try for it?

he pissed me off with those as well.

okami landed on his back every time he completed the takedown and when he started scrambling back up belcher jumped right into the guillotines. they weren't even close. if you can put up some kind of offense with your guard, there's no problem with such a strategy. but he literally defended the takedown, wound up on top, jumped back to the ground and had his guard passed again and again.

the other thing that had me screaming was the retarded fucking ref, standing them up 2 seconds after okami worked his way into side control. the idiot should never ref another match.

all of this. especially the standups, some of the worst i've ever seen.

ref should've been fired immediately after the match.

Yeah - that wasn't smart and I found it frustrating at the time. But I think he saw the writing on the wall pretty early.

Back