What UFC cut hurt you the most?

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
wether by losing,being boring or for plain doing something the ufc didnt like (palhares,babalu,Daley)

and did you think it was justified?

Hurt me? No one.

I don't like people losing their jobs but it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

palhares. I think it was justified, however the dude won't get the credit he deserves because of his habit of holding onto subs to long. Pierce was a very legit win for him and nobody focused on it because of the controversy surrounding the sub, also palhares's 4 fight win streak is over some very solid competition.

The only cuts that really bothered me were Fitch and Okami.

Justified? If you were looking at it from a business model, as a sport...definitely not.

lauzon's against miller. tough to watch

Didn't really care for the Fitch cut, considering before he got laid on by Maia had a fight of the night that he won against Silva (he also ended the Silva hype at the time)

Man Okami really upset me - loses one fight and he gets cut after being a perennial top 5 middleweight? Sigh

None hurt me.

But I did want to see how far Daley could have gone.

Jason High should still be in the UFC as well.

Melvin Guillard.

Sure he shit the bed against MJ, but MJ was becoming his own beast at that point and I thought Melvin still had some real entertainment value.

Okami was a bad one for me.

Agreed. Fitch didn't bother me much, because he was clearly on the decline. Palhares and Daley had it coming. Shields didn't bug me, though I can see why others might object.

But Okami was a tough one cut swallow for me.

Palhares. I thought the cut was justified but the ban was too much. Turns out I was wrong and the ban was the right thing to do.

Okami, Fitch, and Shields were all bad cuts to me. I'm not a Shields fan at all, but his cut was unjustified imo.

Werdum. I was suprised when it happened. I followed his career from his Pride days and when he was training with Cro Cop. Oh the irony now that he's the UFC HW champ.

None "hurt" me but I thought the Okami and Harris cuts were particularly unfair. To get cut after losing to a top contender after beating Lombard and Belcher back to back was just complete bullshit.

I've been surprised by a few cuts, but they all turned out to be smart cuts for the most part. Most guys who get cut and end up doing well and improving outside the UFC come back anyway, so I no longer think of getting cut as a permanent thing.

Actually, the interesting thing to me has been that the guys who everyone was outraged about have proven the UFC right by generally sucking outside the UFC. And the guys who have done very well and were or should be brought back were mostly the guys who nobody thought twice about when cut.

The only cuts that really bothered me were Fitch and Okami.

Justified? If you were looking at it from a business model, as a sport...definitely not.

That business vs sport distinction is such bullshit.

In MMA, the only position that really matters is being champion. Now, cutting a guy who is or could be a champion definitely diminishes the sport. But neither of those guys were remotely close to that. They were fringe top 10ers. Cutting them didn't affect the integrity of the sport in the slightest bit.

Back