What Trump would advise his daughter to do if sexually harassed at work.

"What if someone had treated Ivanka in the way Ailes allegedly behaved?" Powers asked Trump, according to her report. His response: "I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case."

Powers called his reply "startling, even by Trumpian standards."

"[M]ost women don't have the financial resources of Ivanka," Powers wrote. "They can't afford to quit their job without another in hand, something that is impossible to do when you are under contract and forbidden to speak to competitors. Most importantly, why should a woman be expected to upend her career just because she ended up in the crosshairs of some harasser?"

Hope Hicks, a Trump spokesperson, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/01/media/trump-ivanka-harassment/index.html

So according to Trump a woman should change careers or find a new job if sexually harassed by her boss.
I'm surprised he didn't advise her to give her boss a bj

He is trying to hire Ailes for his campaign, hence the question, and hence the spin in response.

Adelson and Ailes, Trump is lucky I hate Clinton so much, because he is making it difficult for me to argue he is the lesser of two evils.
Maybe it's time to reevaluate who is the lesser of two evils...

Unless you're in a unionized environment, women (or men) who report on their superiors generally will get singled out much worse later. Good luck getting promotions or raises in the company after.

I'm not supporting sexual or any kind of work place harassment, but this is the harsh reality.

Maybe it's time to reevaluate who is the lesser of two evils...

You know CISPA, AKA the end of the Internet is in TPP?

I have this debate with a work friend everyday, and we are both confused by it, and constantly play devil's advocate for either position.

The stakes are clear to me here. A potential 7-2 or 6-3 conservative supreme court for the next 20 years, or the end of the Internet through TPP.

I have come to the conclusion that TPP is the greater threat.

You know CISPA, AKA the end of the Internet is in TPP?

I have this debate with a work friend everyday, and we are both confused by it, and constantly play devil's advocate for either position.

The stakes are clear to me here. A potential 7-2 or 6-3 conservative supreme court for the next 20 years, or the end of the Internet through TPP.

I have come to the conclusion that TPP is the greater threat.
You actually think the internet is going away o_O

Didn't Clinton change her stance about the TPP?

You actually think the internet is going away o_O

Didn't Clinton change her stance about the TPP?

Clinton fighting to keep the language out of the DNC platform against TPP, and Robert Reich and others screaming at the top of their lungs that this will lose the Dems the election, tends to tell me her words are empty.

And yes, I think ending the ability for a person to remain anonymous on the internet, kills the free internet. This is the goal of CISPA. TPP argues it under the guise of going after music downloaders, but it is a backdoor to ending the free internet.

As an example Wikileaks would never be able to protect an anonymous source after TPP.

Thread worthy?
Women's rights matter, too, and if this had been suggested of men by a woman-- to be specific with our hypothetical let's say an editor for the Huffington Post speaking about a son in his career coming up against a feminazi-- you would be losing your fucking mind; secreting puss out of every emotional wound: your eyes, your ears, your...whatever.

Clinton fighting to keep the language out of the DNC platform against TPP, and Robert Reich and others screaming at the top of their lungs that this will lose the Dems the election, tends to tell me her words are empty.

And yes, I think ending the ability for a person to remain anonymous on the internet, kills the free internet. This is the goal of CISPA. TPP argues it under the guise of going after music downloaders, but it is a backdoor to ending the free internet.

As an example Wikileaks would never be able to protect an anonymous source after TPP.
I'm seeing lots of articles on how the TPP is already dead after doing a quick google search.

I'm seeing lots articles on how the TPP is already dead after doing a quick google search.

Hillary Clinton’s Covert Campaign for the TPP
Clinton Advisor: Hillary will not oppose the TPP

By Salam Morcos -
July 10, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s delegates voted down amendments proposed by Bernie Sanders supporters to reject the Trans-Pacific Partnership in the two-day Democratic platform meeting in Orlando. The proposed amendments would have put the Democratic Party on record for opposing a vote on the TPP during the lame duck session of Congress (when Congress meets after Election Day on November 8, but before the new Congress’ and President’s terms begin in January.)

This appears to be conflicting with the stance of their preferred candidate. Hillary Clinton has stated that she opposes the TPP, and indicated that she doesn’t support a vote on the trade deal during the lame duck session of Congress. Many have questioned her authenticity on that stance, especially because she was an ardent supporter of the deal during her tenure as a Secretary of State. Even TPP lobbyists are confident that Clinton will support the TPP once elected.

Related: The Simple Argument Against the TPP

Despite Clinton’s stance on the trade deal, NBC News reports that the Clinton campaign was whipping members to oppose the language proposed by Sanders loyalists to reject the TPP. This was also corroborated by Zaid Jilani from The Intercept, who reported that the Clinton campaign was actively engaged with platform committee delegates and directing them on votes.

A source at the #DemPlatform meeting told me the Clinton campaign is sending push notifications to appointees' phones on votes.

— Zaid Jilani (@ZaidJilani) July 9, 2016

The former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich, revealed a conversation that he had with a Clinton advisor on his Facebook page. The advisor asserted that Clinton would not oppose President Obama on the TPP. Ironically, the advisor still believes that Clinton would be shielded from any criticism about the TPP because she came out against it.

CLINTON ADVISOR: “Look, it doesn’t matter what you or I think. The President wants the TPP, and the Party isn’t going to oppose him.”

REICH: “You mean Hillary won’t oppose him.”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “Hillary won’t, and Debbie [Wasserman Schultz] won’t, and neither will Nancy [Pelosi] or Harry [Reid] or Dick [Durbin] or Chuck [Schumer].

REICH: “But it’s terrible policy. And it’s awful politics. It gives Trump a battering ram. Obama won’t be president in six months. Why risk it?”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “They don’t see much of a risk. Most Americans don’t know or care about the TPP.”

REICH: “But they know big corporations are running economic policy. They think the whole system is corrupt. Believe me, Trump will use this against Hillary.”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “He can’t. She’s inoculated. She’s come out against the TPP.”

The controversial trade deal was fast-tracked, which means that White House can send trade deals to Congress for up-or-down votes. The Senate will not be able to filibuster them, and lawmakers will not have the power to amend them. The passage of the fast track bill was hardly easy. It narrowly passed the House with a 218-208 vote and the Senate with a 60-38 vote, just enough to avoid a filibuster challenge. Activists and labor unions who are lobbying against the trade deal are hoping to convert just a few to be able to defeat the deal.

http://progressivearmy.com/2016/07/10/hillary-clintons-covert-campaign-tpp/

I'm seeing lots of articles on how the TPP is already dead after doing a quick google search.
There were more of those anti-TPP signs at the Democratic National Convention than Sanders signs. At this point Hillary would be committing certain 1-term suicide if she passed it; begging to exhaust every ounce of political capital with the gesture and probably fighting to stave off calls for impeachment, or even survive a vote for one.

There were more of those anti-TPP signs at the Democratic National Convention than Sanders signs. At this point Hillary would be committing certain 1-term suicide if she passed it; begging to exhaust every ounce of political capital with the gesture and probably fighting to stave off calls for impeachment, or even survive a vote for one.

I hope you read that article I just posted, because it explains exactly how the Clinton camp thinks it will play both sides on this.

Hillary Clinton’s Covert Campaign for the TPP
Clinton Advisor: Hillary will not oppose the TPP

By Salam Morcos -
July 10, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s delegates voted down amendments proposed by Bernie Sanders supporters to reject the Trans-Pacific Partnership in the two-day Democratic platform meeting in Orlando. The proposed amendments would have put the Democratic Party on record for opposing a vote on the TPP during the lame duck session of Congress (when Congress meets after Election Day on November 8, but before the new Congress’ and President’s terms begin in January.)

This appears to be conflicting with the stance of their preferred candidate. Hillary Clinton has stated that she opposes the TPP, and indicated that she doesn’t support a vote on the trade deal during the lame duck session of Congress. Many have questioned her authenticity on that stance, especially because she was an ardent supporter of the deal during her tenure as a Secretary of State. Even TPP lobbyists are confident that Clinton will support the TPP once elected.

Related: The Simple Argument Against the TPP

Despite Clinton’s stance on the trade deal, NBC News reports that the Clinton campaign was whipping members to oppose the language proposed by Sanders loyalists to reject the TPP. This was also corroborated by Zaid Jilani from The Intercept, who reported that the Clinton campaign was actively engaged with platform committee delegates and directing them on votes.

A source at the #DemPlatform meeting told me the Clinton campaign is sending push notifications to appointees' phones on votes.

— Zaid Jilani (@ZaidJilani) July 9, 2016

The former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich, revealed a conversation that he had with a Clinton advisor on his Facebook page. The advisor asserted that Clinton would not oppose President Obama on the TPP. Ironically, the advisor still believes that Clinton would be shielded from any criticism about the TPP because she came out against it.

CLINTON ADVISOR: “Look, it doesn’t matter what you or I think. The President wants the TPP, and the Party isn’t going to oppose him.”

REICH: “You mean Hillary won’t oppose him.”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “Hillary won’t, and Debbie [Wasserman Schultz] won’t, and neither will Nancy [Pelosi] or Harry [Reid] or Dick [Durbin] or Chuck [Schumer].

REICH: “But it’s terrible policy. And it’s awful politics. It gives Trump a battering ram. Obama won’t be president in six months. Why risk it?”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “They don’t see much of a risk. Most Americans don’t know or care about the TPP.”

REICH: “But they know big corporations are running economic policy. They think the whole system is corrupt. Believe me, Trump will use this against Hillary.”

CLINTON ADVISOR: “He can’t. She’s inoculated. She’s come out against the TPP.”

The controversial trade deal was fast-tracked, which means that White House can send trade deals to Congress for up-or-down votes. The Senate will not be able to filibuster them, and lawmakers will not have the power to amend them. The passage of the fast track bill was hardly easy. It narrowly passed the House with a 218-208 vote and the Senate with a 60-38 vote, just enough to avoid a filibuster challenge. Activists and labor unions who are lobbying against the trade deal are hoping to convert just a few to be able to defeat the deal.

http://progressivearmy.com/2016/07/10/hillary-clintons-covert-campaign-tpp/
I'm gonna have to take a look at the whole thing later when I get home. I'm seeing many more articles claiming it's dead compared to the one saying it's not.

Maybe Trump thought it make him appear weak to tell her to go to human resources? LOL at women having to run away from a job in 2016 because of some creep executive. I guess that's how Trump thinks though. Not a big deal, probably not newsworthy, but funny.
LOL at that woman having a career or any kind of work friends after it is found out she went to HR for some bullshit (i'm talking most of the fake shit women go for, If it is straight up real SH, then sure go)

I have had a kind of similar situation. I (white male) am the minority at my work. I have heard some of the most racist shit you can imagine coming freely from my black co-workers. Not directed at me but just general talk or political talk. I guess they talk so freely around me because I have a good relationship with everybody OR MAYBE THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

What do you think happens if I go to HR and tell. when it gets out that I went to HR, every other black person in my work areas looks at me different. They now wonder if I am going to tell on them and try to get them fired. I also have to live the the smart ass remarks about whiteboy trying to get a brotha/sista fired. When it comes time for promotion, etc. Do you think leadership is going to put me in charge of the same people I just made a complaint on? of course not.

So Now I can stand up for what is right and basically end my career (at this particular place), and live on constant pins and needles of every one else pissed at me for being a snitch, also worry about if I am going to be set up or have any retaliation.

Or I can change jobs (trumps idea) or just sit there and take it.

I choose to just sit there and take it.

This is a college educated -scientific/medical field work place.

I hope you read that article I just posted, because it explains exactly how the Clinton camp thinks it will play both sides on this.
I'm already aware of that storyline. It's weeks old, and it already came up belatedly again in here several days ago with reference to the Robert Reich social media comments.

It in no way influences my comment above, nor could it.

I'm gonna have to take a look at the whole thing later when I get home. I'm seeing many more articles claiming it's dead compared to the one saying it's not.

Please take a look, because the articles that argue it is dead, say it is dead because Clinton says she doesn't support it.

The article I just posted explains why opposing TPP is just political cover for her.

TPP will pass in a lamb duck session, and Clinton will still say she is against it, while the whole time she was working with the Democratic establishment to pass it .

Really though, this comes down to who do you believe, Robert Reich or Hillary Clinton..................

I'm already aware of that storyline. It's weeks old, and it already came up belatedly again in here several days ago with reference to the Robert Reich social media comments.

It in no way influences my comments, nor could it.

Isn't your rational for you believing it is dead, that the political cost would be too high?

If so, then I don't understand how the idea that she gives herself cover by claiming she opposes it, doesn't seriously undermine that position.

I'm going to have to a go with @Madmick s take on Clinton and the TPP. It seems more dems are starting to come out against it. Isn't there many republicans who support the TPP including Trumps VP pick?

Isn't your rational for you believing it is dead, that the political cost would be too high?

If so, then I don't understand how the idea that she gives herself cover by claiming she opposes it, doesn't seriously undermine that position.
I don't think you're comprehending the stage drama, here. The notion is that the DNC is going to try to shove it through in the lame duck session (lol, good luck). Clinton has been forced into the position of abandoning it as part of her Presidential platform, but she is still able to execute top-down DNC fall-in as part of Obama's regime. In other words, she continues to support it surreptitiously as part of his administration, not her own. She can't do the latter, especially after the DNC convention, when it was clearly the #1 issue on the floor.

I'm going to have to a go with @Madmick s take on Clinton and the TPP. It seems more dems are starting to come out against it. Isn't there many republicans who support the TPP including Trumps VP pick?

If the take is that she will publicly say she opposes, while not lifting one finger from the Clinton machine to oppose it, while Obama and company shove it down the American people's throat, I agree.

If the idea is that the threat of TPP has passed, because Clinton says she is against it, I strongly disagree.

"What if someone had treated Ivanka in the way Ailes allegedly behaved?" Powers asked Trump, according to her report. His response: "I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case."

Powers called his reply "startling, even by Trumpian standards."

"[M]ost women don't have the financial resources of Ivanka," Powers wrote. "They can't afford to quit their job without another in hand, something that is impossible to do when you are under contract and forbidden to speak to competitors. Most importantly, why should a woman be expected to upend her career just because she ended up in the crosshairs of some harasser?"

Hope Hicks, a Trump spokesperson, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/01/media/trump-ivanka-harassment/index.html

So according to Trump a woman should change careers or find a new job if sexually harassed by her boss.
nice, i was 50/50 but now, clearly, Trump is the obvious choice. THX!

Back