what to study for police officers

I would definently go with F.I.G.H.T. over Krav if you can find it.....i have done both and find the Israeli Haganah/F.I.G.H.T. more effective....they definently do more knife handling/defense then Krav does........ go here for more info http://fight2survive.com/default.aspx

I dont think muay Thai is bad to learn for police. We were told its more for "when the sh*t hits the fan" type of situations. Obviously its not to do with a crowd watching but you got to do what you got to do. Just like in street fights you have to learn a little bit of everything. Sometimes you cant/shouldnt go to the ground so you need to take care of it on your feet. I also disagree with BJJ not being suitable. I think its very important to learn BJJ for police, I mean you're supposed to take them down. If you go down and land on your back that BJJ is going to come in real handy. I know several officers who train exclusively in Judo. I think it would be very good to learn but you would have to learn no-gi adaptations.

Personaly I work private security and I teach the guys I work with a mix of juijistu and aikido. would keep down on the law suits

i wanna know what art would be best against an officer that's trying to arrest you. i think we should make one and teach it to people secretly.

Judo, ghetto kids wear baggy clothes. Boxing, stand up helps alot.

Wrestling, either Greco-Roman or Freestyle it doesn't matter, this will allow you to restrain the criminal until back up arives.

find that vid of the cop fighting two mexican guys where 1 grabs a shovel.. looks like the thing that saved his ass was the ability to stay on his feet. probably weight training cardio and some type of grappling

OpethDrums said:
find that vid of the cop fighting two mexican guys where 1 grabs a shovel.. looks like the thing that saved his ass was the ability to stay on his feet. probably weight training cardio and some type of grappling

I saw that, it was in San Antonio I think. He should've just shot that guy who pulled out the shovel.

Back