what to eat the day of the fight?

Stewart Kwong

Yellow Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
my fight should be at about 8 or so at night so what should i be eating the day of the fight?

Is your weigh in the day of teh fight or the day before? That would make I big difference I would think.

Are you going to have to cut or will that not be a big deal?

the weigh in for me is the night b4 and i'm not cutting.

If my weigh-in was the night before I'm usually pretty hungry in the morning, but I try to eat lighter (nothing really heavy or greasy). For my last meal before I fight I've always been partial to raw oatmeal and applesauce. Sometimes I'll add some egg whites too, but I don't know if it makes a difference or not.

looking for the same info
weighing in night before ... gotta cut about 7 pounds.
looking for a time range here... fighting at 7 pm next day after weigh in. dont want to eat too late and puke, but not too early and gas. only done grappling beforehand, and that seems to be always in the am to noon time. never competed late at night.

hopefully someones got some good ideas

NewSkewl said:
If my weigh-in was the night before I'm usually pretty hungry in the morning, but I try to eat lighter (nothing really heavy or greasy). For my last meal before I fight I've always been partial to raw oatmeal and applesauce. Sometimes I'll add some egg whites too, but I don't know if it makes a difference or not.

That sounds like an excellent pre-workout/fight meal.

As for the egg whites, no, it shouldn't matter for the fight, since muscle growth/repair won't have a bearing on the outcome. It's all about energy (i.e. carbs) at this point.

Back