What SUV should I buy?

I'm about to buy a new SUV because my Forester is 10 years old and did a lot of research. I'm getting a Honda. I want good cargo space for my fishing gear and a SUV with good handling. What things are important to you?

I'm going to start car shopping this week and am looking for advice. I am mainly considering a SUV, because I am 6'6'' 270lbs, and I want AWD, and like bigger cars. This will also be the first brand-new car I've ever bought. Any opinions on what to get.? I want to be around $50,000 and will likely pay cash. I really like the new Bronco's, but they are expensive and get shitty MPG, but yet rad. I've owned Jeep Grand Cherokees in the past and have had good luck with them, but they seem like kinda dated tech. Also considered the new Hyundai and KIA SUV's, but they are very expensive to insure and seem to have mechanical issues. Toyota has a new land cruiser that is awesome, but above the price range and the new 4 Runner still hasn't announced a sale date. What's everyone else drive? Should I wait until more of the 2025s come out, or try and get those 2024 clearance deals?
You won't fit in the Hyundais or Kias

Rent a Nissan Pathfinder and try it out, way more space and drives well

I actually have a explorer/police interceptor I bought a year ago to mess around with and fix up and flip. I've kept it much longer than anticipated, because I've had so much fun with it. I de-policed it and added new leather interior. I've looked at a few STs and they were a bit lore than I wanted to spend, and kinda want something different
Understood. I have a 2014 Explorer that has been good to me. I bought it to replace a 2004 Crown Vic which I wish I would have kept.

Understood. I have a 2014 Explorer that has been good to me. I bought it to replace a 2004 Crown Vic which I wish I would have kept.
Mine is a 2014 aswell. It only has 45k miles and was a command vehicle. It was in the famous Seattle CHOP zone riots, so it had a lot of dents and dings, and messed up paint. I got it cleaned up pretty nice though.

I'm about to buy a new SUV because my Forester is 10 years old and did a lot of research. I'm getting a Honda. I want good cargo space for my fishing gear and a SUV with good handling. What things are important to you?
Big, solid, and comfortable. I do go off-road occasionally. I looked at some of the new wilderness edition Subarus and thought they were really nice, but I just want a higher-up, larger vehicle.

You won't fit in the Hyundais or Kias

Rent a Nissan Pathfinder and try it out, way more space and drives well
I have a 94 Pathfinder at my summer home In Alaska, that has over 200k miles, but it's slowly rusting apart. I honestly didn't even know they still make the pathfinder.

I'm going to start car shopping this week and am looking for advice. I am mainly considering a SUV, because I am 6'6'' 270lbs, and I want AWD, and like bigger cars. This will also be the first brand-new car I've ever bought. Any opinions on what to get.? I want to be around $50,000 and will likely pay cash. I really like the new Bronco's, but they are expensive and get shitty MPG, but yet rad. I've owned Jeep Grand Cherokees in the past and have had good luck with them, but they seem like kinda dated tech. Also considered the new Hyundai and KIA SUV's, but they are very expensive to insure and seem to have mechanical issues. Toyota has a new land cruiser that is awesome, but above the price range and the new 4 Runner still hasn't announced a sale date. What's everyone else drive? Should I wait until more of the 2025s come out, or try and get those 2024 clearance deals?
I've got a Bronco I'll sell ya...

Not technically a SUV, but might as well be one, cybertruck. The more i see it, the more in convinced, it’s an SUV truck hybrid.

And anyone that sees one is in awe whether that is disgust or love. All of my kids and wife think it’s the absolute dumbest car, yet their anticipation for delivery is through the roof, can’t stop talking about it.

Toyota Hilux of course. And mount a machine gun turret on the truck bed.

A Range Rover because I think the new ones have a microwave and fridge
unless youre getting a top model thats well over 100k they're terrible, actually drives like garbage, gutless with terrible handling. Nice interior though hahah

sddefault.jpg

Back