What style of reading do you prefer?

If I'm reading a news article, history book, things like that, I just look at the words and let knowledge seep into my brain. I definately see images too though, as my imagination is always working.

If I'm reading a novel, I "speak" the words in my mind as if i was listening to actors playing it out.

Very insightful. Thank you.

Do you have a set of actors that stay in rotation?

I try to "speak" like the posters on sherdog while i am reading their responses.

Please elaborate on this pleasurable reading.

Cliff notes on the obligatory torture? I heard my voice inside my mind while reading each word of your post.
Is normal.

Pleasure as in, for entertainment, like novels etc.

audiobook

You are very educate.

Is that Miley wearing Madonna's bra?

Do your lips move during your audiobook time?

Have you ever finished up your audiobook and had someone watching and trying to listen in?

I am assuming you use headphones or earbuds.

Very insightful. Thank you.

Do you have a set of actors that stay in rotation?

I try to "speak" like the posters on sherdog while i am reading their responses.

Unless the book describes a character by "and he looks JUST like Colin Farrel" I dont imagine Colin Farrel in my head.

... or do I?

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and had trouble focusing while reading. One thing that helped me focus was moving my lips or whispering the words out loud even. It helped me focus but even then I had to take breaks after twenty minutes because it demanded so much attentional energy that it drained me.

Since I started taking adderall, I now know what it feels like to read for long periods of time without losing concentration. I no longer move my lips or whisper to myself. I read much faster and understand and retain information a lot more. I don't know if other ADD/ADHD people here can relate or not.

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and had trouble focusing while reading. One thing that helped me focus was moving my lips or whispering the words out loud even. It helped me focus but even then I had to take breaks after twenty minutes because it demanded so much attentional energy that it drained me.

Since I started taking adderall, I now know what it feels like to read for long periods of time without losing concentration. I no longer move my lips or whisper to myself. I read much faster and understand and retain information a lot more. I don't know if other ADD/ADHD people here can relate or not.

Do you read more often now?

A few here enjoy reading for pleasure as a hooby.

Most of the reading i do is job related. I used to read comic books as a kid. I really enjoyed reading the back of baseball cards.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Back