What should the cut off time be for the interim title holder be to become official?

1 Year or 2 title defenses. Which ever comes first...

Very surprised by the amount of people saying 12 months.

GSP had 18 months inbetween title fights due to a torn ACL. Don't recall many, if any, posters (including GSP haters) that said his title should be stripped.

GSP had 18 months inbetween title fights due to a torn ACL. Don't recall many, if any, posters (including GSP haters) that said his title should be stripped.

I'm surprised that people are going for the time limit as opposed to the title defense limit. I think that defense of the title is a greater indicator.

18 months, tops.

Should be closer to a year though. I'd say 14 months.

Ok, well who was the "interim" WW champion for over 12 months while GSP was away? If you said no one then you are correct which is what this poll is all about. Reading the goddamn poll question will help.

The only correct answer is however long it takes Dominick Crews to recover... Says DW

The Interim Champion should become the Undisputed Champion once he has successfully defended his Interim title as many times as the Undisputed Champion has defended his, plus one more title defense.

For example, Dominick Cruz has defended his title 2 times, therefore Barao should become the Undisputed Champion after 3 title defenses. By surpassing the Undisputed Champion's amount of title defenses, the Interim Champion has accomplished more as Champion than the current Undisputed Champion, therefore he deserves to become Undisputed.

A fighter like GSP who has defended his title an astonishing 8 consecutive times shouldn't be dropped as Undisputed Champion after a certain time has passed by. His accomplishments inside of the octagon should be recognized, therefore if there were an Interim Champion in the Welterweight Divison and GSP was injured, the Interim Champion should have to defend his belt 9 consecutive times in order to become Undisputed.

If you can't fight the Champion, you have to beat his record to take his belt.

Last edited:
Ok, well who was the "interim" WW champion for over 12 months while GSP was away? If you said no one then you are correct which is what this poll is all about. Reading the goddamn poll question will help.

Simmer down there cowboy, this has every bit as much to do with the champ as the interim champ.

And I voted for 18 months, truth be told... any more than that and the title is discredited.

Two title defences and no scheduled fight within 3 months after the second fight for the champion.

I think if the fighter can't return to action within a year the fighter should be stripped of the tittle that's just my opinion.

I think at a year the injured champ should if possible obtain medical clearance then go from there. If unable to get medical clearance the belt should be relinquished. Upon return, would get the title shot.

Back