What should the cut off time be for the interim title holder be to become official?

1 year. If the champion doesn't have a fight at least scheduled by 1 year of his last title defense he, he loses the belt. If the fight is scheduled past a year, its fine but if the champ pulls out of the fight the belt gets stripped.

If they dont defend the title within 1 year of the day they won it they are stripped
But I also wouldnt have an interim champ, instead Id schedule a 4 man tourney to crown a new champ

1 year or 2 defenses is a good cut off. Then when the champ comes back, instant title shot.

Title unification fights are awesome. Bruce Buffer gets LOUD.

1 year. I'd give maybe a little bit more time only if the champ was in training camp for a title defense when the year came up.

about tree fiddy

so round to a year.

How long do you think is the appropriate amount of time a belt holder should be able to be sidelined and still retain the official title before it is stripped?

I say 8 months or 2 title defenses by the interim champ before they are forced to officially give up their title.

Good poll, you beat me to it.

I think it should be 1 year or 2 title defenses by the interim champ.

id say hes not the true champ until the champ comes back

but if the champs out indefinitely, id say a yr

If the interim champ defends for a second time, he becomes the champ. Any cutoffs based on time invite unfair results.

Remember, we want the guy who has the title to be thought of as the legit best guy in the division.

If we did a year cutoff, GSP would have lost his belt and someone else would have it. That would just be wrong.

I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF PAPER BELTS.

If the interim champ defends twice, his belt seems legit enough to call it the real thing. But at the end of the day, even that is a little bit of a paper belt.

If we're stripping champs every time they're sidelined for a year whether or not it's their fault (e.g. their opponent gets hurt, fight is postponed a few months, then they get hurt and are out for 8 months, = loss of belt?) then we're going to have MAJOR paper champ problems.

1-1.5 years, with at least 2 title defenses - Interim champ becomes undisputed champ, however former champ gets priority on the title shot upon return

You can make the cutoff whenever you want, to me you have to beat the champ to be the champ so until i see barao beat cruz he isn't considered champion but thats just my opinion.

WWE Raw is now down to a 2.65 rating. Quite a far drop from the mid 6s they did during the attitude era. Slow Decline.

Just get rid of the word interim. Also, make him defend.

The interim champion will become the undisputed champion once he has defended his interim belt the same amount of times that the undisputed champion had defended his belt.

I'm a bit shocked people think 12 months is a reasonable time frame to strip somebody of their title. It would only take a 4-6 month injury to potentially remove a champion. Also you can't base it on how often somebody else (interim champ) fights because those could be drastically different periods of time and unfair to the champ.

It should be 2 years

It should also matter who the champ is.

Like not stripping someone like GSP or Bones compared to someone with 0-2 title defenses.

Back