What should Tarantino's last movie be about?

I think it would be cool of he went full circle, & ended as he began: do another crime movie, specifically a bank heist again, but maybe something different about it, like set in like the gritty 1930s or something... and this time, show the actual heist. (Which RESERVOIR DOGS of course did not.) And make it an incredible, nail-biting set piece, that blows us all away. And bring back Steve Buscemi

There are some murmurings that Tarantino is writing a Cliff Booth prequel that will take place in the South Pacific about his time as a POW. Although I haven't heard what form the story will take.

frick-all-that-steve-buscemi.gif

I think it would be cool of he went full circle, & ended as he began: do another crime movie, specifically a bank heist again, but maybe something different about it, like set in like the gritty 1930s or something... and this time, show the actual heist. (Which RESERVOIR DOGS of course did not.) And make it an incredible, nail-biting set piece, that blows us all away. And bring back Steve Buscemi

DicaprioRightThereGetsIt.gif.84b4313a3f553dc92be843e5cd285253.gif

Even after canceling The Movie Critic, rewriting the script to involve Cliff Booth got him in a Cliff Booth mood and I guess Tarantino is writing this story as an opportunity to cleanse his pallet so to speak before he tackles his 10th film.

I suppose he could turn the story into a movie, but I'd bet a book or miniseries somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
The whole "final movie" idea is just terrible. He's boxing himself into some arbitrary notion he thinks he has to accomplish. That's why he scrapped The Critic, imo. He thinks he has to do arguably his best work ever as his final movie so he's chasing perfection.

He recently abandoned work on his film "the critic" so maybe he's looking for new ideas for his 10th and final film.

What would you like to see him do?

Another Western? Another crime movie? He's pretty good at those.

Or something different?

He's also good at taking old genres and paying homage to them while also bringing a fresh take on them, like kill Bill was to the samurai and Kung Fu movies from the 70's
The saga of @JoeyJoeJoeJr definitely

He says Kill Bill 1 and 2 are one movie. So why not make Kill Bill 3 and 4, claim it’s part of that same movie, and then make another movie?

Hell why not make the Django/Zorro movie he scrapped, and say that’s part of Django 1, and then make his final movie making FOUR more movies!

Last edited:
The whole "final movie" idea is just terrible. He's boxing himself into some arbitrary notion he thinks he has to accomplish. That's why he scrapped The Critic, imo. He thinks he has to do arguably his best work ever as his final movie so he's chasing perfection.

this.

why box yourself in and why quit if you have more in you? it's silly.

jackie brown would have been a good sendoff. retiring old people riding off in the sunset...

Back