• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What scene from a movie or TV show still haunts you?

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it still haunts me, but it did for awhile because it had quite a indelible impact on me when I was a kid.

But the Robocop attempted rape scene haunted me. I felt horrified about that scene.

And for TV it still haunts a bit today just the intro of Unsolved Mysteries. I know it's not necessarily a scene but the shows intro is very creepy, especially the music.

Nothing "haunts" me now

I can def see why they were effective at the time though

The scene in Robocop where they shoot up Murphy was shocking to me as a kid.

Now its just so over the top that Its almost funny but back then I was horrified lol

I was 7 yrs old and used to fantasize about being a cop til I seen that shit

Last edited:
The ending to this movie scared the everloving sweet bejaysis out of me.

The film focuses on daughter Mary's encounters with the ghost of her late sister, Jennifer, who perished in a car crash and is out for revenge."

cene.

And for TV it still haunts a bit today just the intro of Unsolved Mysteries. I know it's not necessarily a scene but the shows intro is very creepy, especially the music.
I used to love the credits to Tales from the Crypt. It was on really late at night so it was an eerie atmosphere that stuck with me when Id go to sleep after.

the step dad original movie
where the dad walks out of the housee non chalantly and it and over the kid beaten to death with a blood stained teddy bear
my mom had gotten remarried and that scared the shit outta me although I was probably

Damien The Omen 2 elevator scene

I always take stairs because of this scene I saw as a kid.

Nothing "haunts" me now

I can def see why they were effective at the time though

The scene in Robocop where they shoot up Murphy was shocking to me as a kid.

Now its just so over the top that Its almost funny but back then I was horrified lol

I was 7 yrs old and used to fantasize about being a cop til I seen that shit

Yeah seeing bad guys shooting up Murphy in Robocop was brutal as a kid. But the one that scared the shit out of me was this episode of Twilight Zone:

tumblr_mj1efccOjg1s66ky3o1_r1_500.gif

The end of Eden Lake - Couple gets attacked by a bunch of psychopath teens - She escapes after killing a few of them.
Only to find shelter in the house of their parents that promptly find out that she killed their beloved kid.

When I was young, I was at a friends house and his dad was watching deliverance. I walked up behind the couch he was laying on and saw that rape scene..... felt scarred for years haha. I dont even like posting a gif of it

Deliverance-gif.gif

The end of Eden Lake - Couple gets attacked by a bunch of psychopath teens - She escapes after killing a few of them.
Only to find shelter in the house of their parents that promptly find out that she killed their beloved kid.

Great shout, that scene is the ultimate gutpunch

"children's movies"

One scene that traumatized me as a kid, from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I don't think it still haunts me, but it did for awhile because it had quite a indelible impact on me when I was a kid.

But the Robocop attempted rape scene haunted me. I felt horrified about that scene.

The most disturbing part of that scene for me was a guy being shot in the crotch I was a kid seeing that. The character flea was played being melted in acid was also disturbing in robocop. I could probably be here all day listing robocop scenes.

That Asian lady getting her eyes burned with a cutting torch in hostel. I will never watch that movie again

Back