• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Red Flags would deter you from accepting a job offer?

No facial hair allowed except for a mustache.

Wouldn't dream of working for someone else, but as far as work environment goes, red flags would be

Noisy, ugly surroundings
Bad air/smells
Lack of privacy
Chatty, gossipy co-workers
Unhealthy-looking co-workers

Any Sherdoggers employed there would be a dealbreaker for me.

Are there any employed Sherdoggers?

If this is true u da man.

The recruiter called me later in the day, in a foul mood, to ask me why I did it. I laughed and told him I wasn’t interested in working with a pack of juvenile cretins. This further enraged him, so he hung up and texted me a minute or so later, calling me an “imberseel” (sic).

If a better offer came along sure. If not i’d rather take the job while looking for something better than stay unemployed.

No pork products on premises.
I remember this and I was kinda annoyed by it until the non-muslims started bringing their lunch in the pantry and would use the utensils and the microwave to heat pork products. That pisses me off.

No facial hair
we want to see your online activity
piss in this cup real quick

I worked for one high turnover employee rate company once. Was two years after the housing bubble and my job (which is seasonal) hadnt fully recovered yet.

One of the requirements was for me to work weekends. Before my training period was complete i got out of the weekend requirement. Within a month i already put in my two weeks notice. Partial owner(not the department manager) came up to me offering $15 dollars an hour with a promise of a future managerial role. Took every ounce of energy to not laugh in his face. Told him i'd need to think about it. Two days later the owner of the entire franchise approached me trying to persuade me to stay.

Also my only two run ins with the franchise owner daughter was a major red flag. While she was visually appealing her attitude indicated problems. During my 'training' someone took my time card while i was out to lunch. At max five minute solution took twenty minutes for she thought i was blind. Other was two weeks later on opening weekend at a different store. Approached her(she was the bookkeeper) starting off by saying; "I know its a busy weekend so i'll understand if they arent ready. But is my check available?". She immediately yelled at me then threatened to have me fired.

Last year i ran into one of the co-owners at the largest food distributor here on Long Island. All the caterers i worked for were there and even some hosts i do in-home work for also. Like clockwork each one singled me out to talk(was one of fifteen staff there). Visually on his face he finally understood.

Working 12 shifts, 7 days a week is probably a no go for me.

technically i'm supposed to shave, which is kind of a deal breaker after doing so in the Army, but I just perennially 'grow a beard' so I get past that hahaha

1*rHlmh1Y90IYX7dTFqunDUg.png

No facial hair allowed except for a mustache.
I've been in violation of my department's grooming policy for about 7 years now. I'm still waiting for them to say something.

If theres any kind of race/discrimination training they can eat a plate of dicks.

Social Justice culture, Anti-brexit, all female board of directors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back