What physically or genetically separates them from the pack?

If you are going to pure genetics in sports the two guys that immediately come to mind are Michael Phelps ( upper body almost same in length as legs, huge hands and feet, 6'4", 194 ) ideally built for swimming and Usain Bolt ( upper body 1/3 and legs 2/3 at 6'5" and 205 ) ideally built for sprints.

I agree with your overall assessment, but disagree with the notion that Davis was knocked out just by the punch alone (I know that Ronda told Dana that and he repeated it to the press and the public). Davis got rocked by the punch and Ronda capitalized on it quickly. I think the KO came more from tossing her right on her head and then trapping her head and punching it repeatedly where Davis had nowhere to move her head and just ate punch after punch right on the chin. If Ronda hadn't done anything after the first punch landed, I doubt that Davis would have fallen unconscious and it would have been a one punch KO. It was a combination of things that lead to that KO.

Maybe it was the angle I watched the fight at but it looked to me like Alexis went limp and was completely out after the punch and then came to slightly after being thrown.

Ronda didn't go to Alexis, Alexis literally collapsed into Ronda. I think if Ronda had punched and then stepped out of the way Alexis would have fell flat to the mat.

Maybe it was the angle I watched the fight at but it looked to me like Alexis went limp and was completely out after the punch and then came to slightly after being thrown.

Ronda didn't go to Alexis, Alexis literally collapsed into Ronda. I think if Ronda had punched and then stepped out of the way Alexis would have fell flat to the mat.
ufc-175-rr-punchwatermarked.gif

It looks to me like she was hurt, but not quite out. She was out after getting thrown on her head, getting her head trapped and eating punches right to the chin, though.

ufc-175-rr-punchwatermarked.gif

It looks to me like she was hurt, but not quite out. She was out after getting thrown on her head, getting her head trapped and eating punches right to the chin, though.

IDK in that GIF it still looks to me like Alexis was out of it and just falling forward with no control of her body.

You could be right as well though. Unfortunately, Ronda's so quick to capitalize that there wasn't any time between the punch and the throw to really know 100% the exact moment Alexis was out.

Also totally off subject but does anyone know why Ronda always throws from her left? I know she's left-handed but why doesn't she throw from both sides? Is it a preference or an actual inability to throw from her non-dominant side?

Ok, sherdog I have a question. As we all know each champion has something special about them physically or genetically and I don't mean a learned skill such as wrestling or boxing, etc.
What do the champions have over their competition(mostly or completely)?
Here is my list if you disagree post why or post your own.

Cain: Cardio(you can say this was trained through extercise or w/e but that shit is unnatural in comparison)

Jon: Ridiculous length

Chris: Super man bones(or length, somewhat joking)

Robbie: Power?(another questionable thing)

Anthony: Speed

Jose: Speed

TJ: Speed

Demetrious: Fucking super hero speed

Ronda: Speed

Carla: I don't think I should even put her in this list tbh new champ and I can't see any physical or genetic gifts atm. But if you see something do tell.

I don't really think Robbie belongs in this category as nothing really separates him from the pack. He had a close fight with Rory, lost to Hendricks, and had a close rematch with Hendricks.

Anthony Pettis just hasn't fought a good wrestler in years. You saw what Clay Guida did to him? Imagine what Khabib will do.

The rest I guess you got right. Ronda isn't just speed, she's pretty much stronger, more skilled etc. Total package.

Weidman I really have no clue, he's actually mysterious in the way that he doesn't look amazing, yet he is.

I'd go more with strength, personally. She has the sort of core strength that other female fighters just don't have. When I watch Ronda fight, what sticks out to me isn't that she's buzzing all around other fighters and they can't touch her, but rather how effortlessly she tosses them around and overpowers them. Although of course a lot of that is technique, but I still think she's very physically strong for a woman. She's powerfully built, with big bones. Her power is starting to come along now as she learns new techniques in striking. She got the first clean KO in women's bantamweight division history and before that she stopped a very strong Olympic wrestler with a strong core with a single body shot.

She has a very explosive shot which you tend not to see with women. Her take downs look a lot like how explosive male wrestlers take guys down. So I think she's more explosive than most women. Of course the technique she built up as a wrestler aids with that, but I don't think female wrestlers like Tate are as explosive with their take downs. The only other exception is McMann who of course was an Olympian and has unreal muscle mass for a female.

10/10 post.

To the guy who says R3 towers over everyone she doesn't, she's 5'6 and wears heels to look taller. In cage the size difference is mostly in her Hulk upper body mass.

Cain: Cardio

Jon: reach

Chris: strength

Robbie: KO Power

Anthony: leg dexterity

Jose: explosiveness

TJ: speed

Demetrious: speed

Ronda: Strength and aggression

Back