what next for Manon?

i dont understand it honestly.
Manon looks like Willem Dafoe. also has turned into a pointfighter after her first 2 UFC victories.
Subtract 3 from any WMMA fighter's rating out of 10 to get their IRL number

Nope. Grasso and Val have tied up the weight class with tuf and a possible quadrilogy of Val wins.
Wait, that isn't actually true, right ? Manon having to wait for probably early 2025 to get her well-earned TS is already terrible for the division, but if they really do a 4th Alexa/Val fight, pardon my French, but ils peuvent aller se faire foutre bien profondément.

Obviously she can't risk losing another fight, or getting injured before that TS ; and it's not like she can fight another dozen times at the highest level ; yet she has to make money too.

I know people were unhappy when she previously didn't seem eager to seize the TS opportunity ; but, if she felt that she needed a few additional fights to get ready, her latest results kinda proved it may have been a sensible move. Nevertheless, the situation sucks now, I can't deny that.

I'd be gutted if she had to sit for like two years only to get crushed because of inactivity and aging.

Wait, that isn't actually true, right ? Manon having to wait for probably early 2025 to get her well-earned TS is already terrible for the division, but if they really do a 4th Alexa/Val fight, pardon my French, but ils peuvent aller se faire foutre bien profondément.

Obviously she can't risk losing another fight, or getting injured before that TS ; and it's not like she can fight another dozen times at the highest level ; yet she has to make money too.

I know people were unhappy when she previously didn't seem eager to seize the TS opportunity ; but, if she felt that she needed a few additional fights to get ready, her latest results kinda proved it may have been a sensible move. Nevertheless, the situation sucks now, I can't deny that.

I'd be gutted if she had to sit for like two years only to get crushed because of inactivity and aging.

She has to wait for TUF 32 and the trilogy.
what do you think would happen if Val wins and its 1-0-1?

i dont understand it honestly.
Manon looks like Willem Dafoe. also has turned into a pointfighter after her first 2 UFC victories.
It was just one weirdo right ? A conspicuous weirdo lmao.

I'm mostly invested because I'm French, and it'd be cool to have a French UFC champ ; but as long as Alexa is here, other girls can only aim for the second-best spot lol.

And lol'd at the Willem Dafoe comparison.

Subtract 3 from any WMMA fighter's rating out of 10 to get their IRL number
hell, with all these filters on social media you might have to expand that to women in general.

It was just one weirdo right ? A conspicuous weirdo lmao.

I'm mostly invested because I'm French, and it'd be cool to have a French UFC champ ; but as long as Alexa is here, other girls can only aim for the second-best spot lol.

And lol'd at the Willem Dafoe comparison.

yeah i feel ya. Gane was Interim Champ but France has never had a full on undisputed UFC champ.
Manon might be trouble for Alexa. she's very big and strong for the weight class. Alexa is faster but i dont know if she'd be able to outstrike Manon.
Alexa and Val are both more exciting fighters though so i hope one of them stays champ. no offense, but Manon's style is very unexciting.

I do understand that she has to wait for the trilogy.
And I do understand the logic behind what you're saying.

I think that it wouldn't be outrageous if Alexa, after a draw and a loss, had to fight one more time before another TS, especially with Manon sitting there... Technically, Alexa wouldn't have had a single successful defense if she lost the next one.

But yeah, I'm sure the UFC would do as you said nevertheless, because that 1-1-1 record would make for some good storytelling. I'm just annoyed.

hell, with all these filters on social media you might have to expand that to women in general.

yeah i feel ya. Gane was Interim Champ but France has never had a full on undisputed UFC champ.
Manon might be trouble for Alexa. she's very big and strong for the weight class. Alexa is faster but i dont know if she'd be able to outstrike Manon.
Alexa and Val are both more exciting fighters though so i hope one of them stays champ. no offense, but Manon's style is very unexciting.
Oh I agree about Manon's style. I find her boring to be fair. She won't be here to stay anyway.
But it'd be cool, yeah, there's been a lot of enthusiasm for MMA in here lately, and having a champ would be great. BSD and Gane are really popular too, but they brutally lost their momentum. We have good prospects... the next few years might be really interesting.

I don't remember perfectly, but I'm pretty sure the UFC was fully prepared to move on from Fig-Moreno at 1-1-1, but Fig was injured, so they did an interim in the meantime.

I think that it wouldn't be outrageous if Alexa, after a draw and a loss, had to fight one more time before another TS, especially with Manon sitting there... Technically, Alexa wouldn't have had a single successful defense if she lost the next one.

But yeah, I'm sure the UFC would do as you said nevertheless, because that 1-1-1 record would make for some good storytelling. I'm just annoyed.
Technically draws count as defenses. I kinda get it functionally speaking, but I disagree with the meaning.

Not to derail Erin any further, but if Val beats Grasso, I think doing Grasso-Erin is an almost surefire way to get her back into the title mix after we get Val-Manon done.

I do understand that she has to wait for the trilogy.
And I do understand the logic behind what you're saying.

I'm wondering where does Barber fit in all this miss. Maybe a fight with Rose?

Oh I agree about Manon's style. I find her boring to be fair. She won't be here to stay anyway.
But it'd be cool, yeah, there's been a lot of enthusiasm for MMA in here lately, and having a champ would be great. BSD and Gane are really popular too, but they brutally lost their momentum. We have good prospects... the next few years might be really interesting.
I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I really think Alexa-Manon would make for a good fight. It would surely be interesting at the worst, but could very well have the potential to rise into exciting. Manon averages over 15 significant strikes attempted per minute to Alexa's 11, and they're both mostly throwing hands standing.

Could certainly be. Sounds like the best winning contender to fight at this moment that isn't Manon.

I do think Katlyn was a big win for Maycee, but it'd be kinda ridiculous if Manon had to fight 3-4 people after beating Katlyn to secure her title shot, then Maycee fights once after beating her. And even if the timing lines up to make it make sense, I don't think I'd want Manon-Maycee to get booked. It'd be especially egregious if, during the entire Val-Alexa debacle, Manon will have fought and beaten the #1 flyweight, then the #2 strawweight, then the #2 flyweight, then the #4 flyweight while the two champs keep trading spaces. Who's really clearing out the division in that case? She's hitting her mid 30's and she has more defenses than Grasso at this point, just no belt to attach to that.

Could certainly be. Sounds like the best winning contender to fight at this moment that isn't Manon.

I do think Katlyn was a big win for Maycee, but it'd be kinda ridiculous if Manon had to fight 3-4 people after beating Katlyn to secure her title shot, then Maycee fights once after beating her. And even if the timing lines up to make it make sense, I don't think I'd want Manon-Maycee to get booked. It'd be especially egregious if, during the entire Val-Alexa debacle, Manon will have fought and beaten the #1 flyweight, then the #2 strawweight, then the #2 flyweight, then the #4 flyweight while the two champs keep trading spaces. Who's really clearing out the division in that case? She's hitting her mid 30's and she has more defenses than Grasso at this point, just no belt to attach to that.

I totally agree. but dont forget that Mayce tied Blanchfield and Fiorot for the longest active UFC win streak in 125 and with a possible quadrilogy bs, we might see Manon/Maycee for the interim belt.

I totally agree. but dont forget that Mayce tied Blanchfield and Fiorot for the longest active UFC win streak in 125 and with a possible quadrilogy bs, we might see Manon/Maycee for the interim belt.
Ugh, that's awful. I don't think the UFC would make it interim either, not while the belt is technically active

Technically draws count as defenses. I kinda get it functionally speaking, but I disagree with the meaning.
I might be mixing my words up because of my frenchness (and tiredness to be honest lol) but I'm sure you understood what I meant. (I may have misunderstood what you meant, though, lol)

I have a LOT of respect for what Alexa has accomplished, but let's see it that way : If Val had won her immediate rematch, I'm not really sure a third fight would have made sense (I'm quite sure it wouldn't have happened).

The rematch was probably more a privilege due to Val's 7ish defenses ; the draw showed that Alexa's championship wasn't merely a fluke, but it's still a draw... and I'm not sure that a draw followed by a loss, in Alexa's situation, should be enough to get an instant rematch. Obviously that's my opinion, and strangely enough, the UFC never consults me before making such important decisions.

In the end, really, I'm just annoyed by the whole situation, hence the grumbling, and I REALLY hope Alexa wins her fight, for more than one reason.

I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I really think Alexa-Manon would make for a good fight. It would surely be interesting at the worst, but could very well have the potential to rise into exciting. Manon averages over 15 significant strikes attempted per minute to Alexa's 11, and they're both mostly throwing hands standing.
Yeah, I've been harsh and probably unfair when I told I found her boring. I think she does her best to win her fights, which obviously works.
I guess that would make sense, unless I'm missing something, it's probably the best fight, realistically speaking, for both of them.

Wait for your tile shot while Barber can fight Blanchfield.

Could end up waiting until end of the year or beginning of 2025 before fighting for the title. If the UFC is willing to do her vs Barber for an interim title, she should take it.
That would be stupid, she just beat a higher ranked fighter than Barber.

Barber v Blanchfield makes sense next.

Back