What movies have not aged well?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are some movies that haven't aged well? Whether because of political/societal reasons, technology reasons, or that just do not look as good as they may have in the past (poor animation, CGI, costumes, etc.).

A movie that immediately comes to mind is Juwanna Mann. A humorous movie that pokes fun at the idea of a man playing sports with women and dominating. In 2002, we found it funny because we found the idea of this happening to be ridiculous. This is no longer a joke nor is it politically correct to make fun of.

image.jpg

What are others?

Cellphones would have circumvented this whole movie’s scenario

513cRlIMoCL._SX940_.jpg

Time has been pretty hard on The Birds.

I watched the Woody Allen movie Manhattan a while back. The idea of a grown man dating a 17 year old seems so bizarre to me, but nobody batted an eye.

I watched the Woody Allen movie Manhattan a while back. The idea of a grown man dating a 17 year old seems so bizarre to me, but nobody batted an eye.

Damn!

This from the same guy who groomed and dated his adopted daughter.

Everything pre 1980 imo, except Jaws. Jaws is sensational. The rest are garbage.

Back to the Future.

Where is my hoverboard?

Inappropriate romances...
- Lifeguard (1976)
- The Hunting Party (1971)

Unflattering racial performances...
- Breakfast at Tiffany's

Hilarious robot effects...
- Logan's Run

What are some movies that haven't aged well? Whether because of political/societal reasons, technology reasons, or that just do not look as good as they may have in the past (poor animation, CGI, costumes, etc.).

A movie that immediately comes to mind is Juwanna Mann. A humorous movie that pokes fun at the idea of a man playing sports with women and dominating. In 2002, we found it funny because we found the idea of this happening to be ridiculous. This is no longer a joke nor is it politically correct to make fun of.

image.jpg

What are others?
The first X-Men film. It seemed awesome when it first came out, but it is eclipsed by the comic book films that have been released since, and is no where's near as good in comparison.

Last edited:
Cellphones would have circumvented this whole movie’s scenario

513cRlIMoCL._SX940_.jpg

I heard they're remaking this... if I'm not mistaken. Not surprising as they're remaking everything under the sun.

Terminator watched it a few weeks ago........ dsmn the special effects look cheezy

The first X-Men film. It seemed awesome when it first came out, but it is eclipsed by the comic book films that have been released since, and no where's near as good in comparison.

Yea I know... everything just seems so cheesy, in 2000 it was amazing. Comic book movies in general have come a long way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Scratch
Back