What makes Mayweather great?

His accuracy is what sets him apart from others in my book. Of course he has speed and defense, but I have seen few fighters who place punches as well as he does.

I think his strategy is also a great trait...

boxing IQ, its off the charts. he has the ability to break an opponents gameplan down, find weakness and exploit it. if he's having a tough time, he also switch gears in the middle of the fight, change his own total gameplan. He's not like most who just sit there confused.

also, and this is debateable since some people would see this as a weakness or the plain reason they dont like him

he doesn't play the crowd, and fights the way he wants, not the way the crowd wants him to.

Pretty much sums it up. Every time it seems his opponent may have the style and or ability to beat him he comes up with a game plan to nullify and make them ineffective especially after 3 or 4 rounds.

What makes Mayweather great? Everything. He's a fighter without anything close to a serious flaw.

11vkxgp.gif

What I like about PBF is that he has a way to figure fighters out....he may need a few rounds to get into the groove for whatever fight is in front of him but...he does it!

I am not a nut hugger...I actually cannot wait until he gets beat but....he is simply awesome, ONE of the best ever? YES.....styles make fights and he has a way of making whatever style work that he needs too...

Movement, hand speed, defense. Pound for pound best fighter of his era.

He basically has it all. There is no easy answer like "his speed" here.

Gatti said it was the upper body movement that surprised him the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back