What makes Mayweather great?

Vegapunk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Handspeed and footwork made RJJ great.

What makes mayweather great?

floydoompa.jpg

^^^ you should have put the oompah loompah pic right in the mddle of that for some absurdity.

The main thing would have to be his defence but it goes a lot deeper than that.

And though I like Hatton I love watching that check hook back lol

boxing IQ, its off the charts. he has the ability to break an opponents gameplan down, find weakness and exploit it. if he's having a tough time, he also switch gears in the middle of the fight, change his own total gameplan. He's not like most who just sit there confused.

also, and this is debateable since some people would see this as a weakness or the plain reason they dont like him

he doesn't play the crowd, and fights the way he wants, not the way the crowd wants him to.

Defense, speed, and the fact that his dad and uncle were pro boxers who raised him to box at 3.

You can't beat training that started at 3.

Floyd Jr is proof

Defense and speed kills more than a pure power puncher. Not that Floyd Jr. doesent have KO's, but he wins primarily because of speed and defense.

Hard to beat that.

He's truly GREAT

godamn it. I tried but apparently I don't know either. It says "embed" next to the video but it ain't working. It worked for me before but why its not working now, I don't know.

boxing IQ, its off the charts. he has the ability to break an opponents gameplan down, find weakness and exploit it. if he's having a tough time, he also switch gears in the middle of the fight, change his own total gameplan. He's not like most who just sit there confused.

also, and this is debateable since some people would see this as a weakness or the plain reason they dont like him

he doesn't play the crowd, and fights the way he wants, not the way the crowd wants him to.

have to agree totally with this.its amazing to see how it looks like he might be struggling for the early rounds in fights,then usually by the fifth he picks his opponents apart.
De la hoya,Judah and hatton are great examples of this.once he adjusts his style to suit an opponent,it turns into a one sided fight.a unique talent that some people just dont like for the wrong reasons.definitley the best out there

The WWE.

j/k

He has pretty good defense, which is more than most can say. He doesn't stand around and eat punches hoping to land the Big Right or whatever.

great skills and great dancer in and out of the ring.

definetaly one of my favourites...can't say i approve him being on wwe though.

Defense, speed, and the fact that his dad and uncle were pro boxers who raised him to box at 3.

You can't beat training that started at 3.

Floyd Jr is proof

So Hopkins starting at 19 and becoming the undisputed Middleweight Champion and dominating like Mayweather kind of trumps that theory!

Natural ability Maybe that he had anyway nothing to do with starting training at 3!

great skills and great dancer in and out of the ring.

definetaly one of my favourites...can't say i approve him being on wwe though.

So did you tell your parents yet?

Back