What knife did you carry today?

The Schrade I got is 1/4inch thick at the spine and the knife weighs like a pound. It's a beast of a knife. Full tang. I paid $35 for it new and it came with a diamond sharpener, a fire starting stick, and a decent sheath that holds everything. It's 1095 carbon steel.

I am not a knife expert. I don't collect knives although I might start. I just figured it would be nice to have a few knives especially when I start going camping and fishing.

For $35 that Schrade is hard to beat.

I'm looking into fishing rods and reels. I got a couple fishing poles but they are cheap Walmart ones I got in the sporting goods section. They only been used once or twice.

Thats Schrade is a thick knife and that CRKT is razor sharp. It's so sharp that it felt dull. I was going to sharpen it until I ran it up my arm and shaved a patch of hair off like nothing. I just sliced my thumb open and I didn't even know I was cut. That might be the sharpest knife I ever had.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-121416_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-121416_Gallery.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210918-121426_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-121426_Gallery.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 3
Gentlemen, not sure if this is the best place to inquire, but I need a new knife. All my old knives are officially gone, folding and straight blades, with the exception of my camping knife and car knife, and my usual pocket folder, which is a formally locked short blade.

I want a fixed blade, a horizontal belt sheath, and a slim enough handle that I can wear it around without the bulk being obvious or making life difficult.

any and all suggestions welcome.

haclii4eqnv71.png

This will probably sell-out tomorrow in minutes. I don't know why Spyderco doesn't crowd-fund productions; they can still artificially manufacture scarcity no problem.

Here's inventor Michael Janich talking about developing this "we're ain't fucking around" knife, inspired by the Filipino knife system and Wharncliffes.

Gentlemen, not sure if this is the best place to inquire, but I need a new knife. All my old knives are officially gone, folding and straight blades, with the exception of my camping knife and car knife, and my usual pocket folder, which is a formally locked short blade.

I want a fixed blade, a horizontal belt sheath, and a slim enough handle that I can wear it around without the bulk being obvious or making life difficult.

image.png

I love mah Seal Pup out of SOG knives, but I got mine almost fifteen years ago. Quality may have changed. Third-party leatherworkers offer a scout-carry sheathe that are well reviewed on Amazon, if you don't mind that place.

I don’t know if this knife is too short(2.8in) for your needs but it’s a good USA made option. Esse Izula with aftermarket Arcturus sheath.

img_3815.jpg

ESEE-IZULA-HANDLE__22144.1579816884.jpg

Most models are 1095 carbon steel with a coated blade. They sell two stainless models one old school 440C(tough) the other modern S35VN (great edge retention). The product has a lot of aftermarket support.

I carry a cold steel folding tiger and a Benchmade grip Tonto fairly regularly.

I just bought a Gerber Strongarm. Hopefully it's a legit one and not a knock off. I look forward to it arriving
Of course each day I'll still wear
Rambo 2 knife.
Sleeveless leather jacket, no shirt.
Wrangler jeans, black snake-hide boots.

20220408_225543.jpg
I ordered a fake Gerber Strongarm earlier today on eBay. I wanted a decent woods knife and YouTube said the Strongarms were pretty good while not being super expensive. I'm not a knife guy. I know there are better, more expensive knives but they just aren't that important to me like firearms are. I figured that Gerber would be more then enough for me to play around with.

As I watched more vids on the Strongarm, one got recommended to me showing a fake one compared to a real one. I went and checked the pics of the knife I ordered and sure enough, it was the exact fake one I was watching in the video.

I ordered the one that was made in "Portlamd" Oregon. Not Portland Oregon..

The seller made a shipping label like an hour after I paid. I don't think it has shipped yet. I reported him for selling a counterfeit knife and messaged him saying I wanted my money back and that his knife is fake. This guy has sold hundreds of these knives and I read his reviews. He has 1 bad one saying the knife was fake from 6 months ago. That customer said he returned the fake knife and still didn't get a refund.

The fake Gerber cost me $70

If I get my money back or not, I learned a lesson. I'll never buy anything else besides video games off eBay. That's all I've ever bought off eBay. Video games..

If I don't get my money back and I'm stuck with the Chinese knockoff, I'm upset enough that I'm going to buy an Esee 5 with the venom colors. It's the only way I feel like I can right this wrong if things don't go my way on this deal.

Watch out for fake shit...

View attachment 878973
I have one VERY similar. Has a sharpener built into the sheath. Great knife

I don’t know if this knife is too short(2.8in) for your needs but it’s a good USA made option. Esse Izula with aftermarket Arcturus sheath.

img_3815.jpg

ESEE-IZULA-HANDLE__22144.1579816884.jpg

Most models are 1095 carbon steel with a coated blade. They sell two stainless models one old school 440C(tough) the other modern S35VN (great edge retention). The product has a lot of aftermarket support.
I've had my eye on that for too long. Need to just pull the trigger

Leather jacket (no shirt of course), red sweatband around my head, Wrangler jeans, black snake-hide boots and my Rambo II knife.

Back