What knife did you carry today?

20200916_181611_resize_61.jpg
EDIT:after using these for while I can't recommend any body buy them the big one already chipped at the tip which means the supposed vg-10 it is made out of is BS and a tanto with a crappy tip is almost useless. the little one is also not that well built I have had to use a torx screwdriver on it to fix it. these knives are very over priced they should be like 10 bucks for the quality they have. I wasted 75 bucks on both combined.

Last edited:
Kershaw Link

KE-1776GRYBW.jpg

Kershaw Link

KE-1776GRYBW.jpg
I always see these kershaws at Walmart I will probably get one a kershaw I mean. I need something with a frame lock. the only frame lock I have is a CRKT squid.

been edc my sanrenmu 7010. the chinese build some extremely good knives for cheap this cost me about 15 bucks and probably out performs 50 dollar knives I have. it looks like a bootleg sebenza. this knife would be perfect if it had G10 or FRN scales for grip and enhanced stabbing ability. it flicks out with almost assisted opening level speed even though it is just a regular opening knife. no blade play at all from the frame lock. sharp as hell and also stabs well because of the blade shape.
20201110_021046~2_resize_92.jpg 20201110_021100~2_resize_3.jpg

I’ve wanted a Yojimbo forever. Something about that wharnie. I never pulled the trigger though because I’m not big on g10 anymore. It just destroys my pockets.
Honestly I like it, but I kinda have to be conscious of what the real purpose of the knife/blade shape that the creator Michael Janich visioned it to be. It’s thin at the tip and it comes very very sharp, I’ve used it on cement bags mainly opening boxes (boxes of other knives i ordered), and the I just keep it tucked away in my pocket for its intended purpose at this point. The Wharnecliffe blade shape is so simple and effective that I ended up ordering a Delica Wharnecliffe and immediately found my replacement for the Yojimbo that I could put through the ringer. The Delica Wharnecliffe is much more work friendly knife, but the Yojimbo has it its purpose.

Last edited:
View attachment 799161
EDIT:after using these for while I can't recommend any body buy them the big one already chipped at the tip which means the supposed vg-10 it is made out of is BS and a tanto with a crappy tip is almost useless. the little one is also not that well built I have had to use a torx screwdriver on it to fix it. these knives are very over priced they should be like 10 bucks for the quality they have. I wasted 75 bucks on both combined.
I bought a camillus for the wife a few years back, initially she loved it, but somehow the liner got deformed, so when it's open it is very difficult for her to close. Would not buy again.

pictured - my everyday carry knife:
59xS5XRh.jpg
(broken link joke because...)

i can carry a freakin' smg in this city but i can't carry a knife.

things that make you go ugggh.

IMG_20210125_124722057~2.jpg

Civivi Mini Mastiff. Only had it a few weeks, but enjoying it. Waiting on my new Artisan Tomahawk so I can give it a whirl next

Leather jacket, no shirt and my Rambo II signed knife.

I kept losing knives so I put myself on time-out ... until getting the bug again.

I started honing in on the Spyderco Shaman mostly because I really like it s silhouette resembles that pre-historic stone knife aesthetic and the chamfering on the handle. I also quite like its smol sibling the Lil Native (but apparently the clip is problematic). However, it seemed like Spyderco kept increasing their prices, and the Shaman was the heaviest hit every time. Despite its current spirit run being quite pricey, I still don't hate it even though it looks like this:

96755035-1831279c.webp

I don't mind orange, but I prefer a non-black blade. I don't know if the ergonomics of the handle are well illustrated here, but it just looks like a pleasure to wield. After running (and losing) something like three Kershaw Leeks, I thought I'd probably get the Lil Native until hearing about the clip issue.

So it surprised me that I would ultimately end up with this:

Cs58acl-08-cold-steel-cs58acl-08-x700.jpg

If I nicknamed things, I would want to call this guy The Poolboy. Why? Let me show you this video.

This is the bro-iest knife, like, ever. I don't want a black blade -- it's ALL BLACK. It's super tack-tical. Its actual name is so chad -- The American Lawman, which invites scorn and ridicule for being manufactured in Taiwan (not that there's anything wrong with that). Worse -- the fucking name is in comic book font on the blade itself.

If ever a knife looked like it's screaming TRY-HARD, it's Cold Steel's American Lawman.

There's every reason to hate on this knife, but goddammit -- it's great! Especially if you can find it around the $80-90 range.

While not as contoured as the Shaman, it feels great in the hand. Solid and robust and well balanced. Deployment is a breeze, although I've read some people find it a bit stiff. The lock makes it feel like one solid piece. The G-10 scales will absolutely destroy pants pockets like a middle-aged vagina ravaged by HPV. So I'll need to, I don't know, put a sticker beneath the clip or something; maybe a My Little Pony one.

I thought my Leeks were sharp and stabby -- but I found Poolboy wants nothing in life but to slice and poke. The edge catches without issue, and even clamshell packaging is no problem. Very pleasantly surprised, or maybe it's just because it's been a while.

I’ve wanted a Yojimbo forever. Something about that wharnie. I never pulled the trigger though because I’m not big on g10 anymore. It just destroys my pockets.
Honestly I like it, but I kinda have to be conscious of what the real purpose of the knife/blade shape that the creator Michael Janich visioned it to be. It’s thin at the tip and it comes very very sharp, I’ve used it on cement bags mainly opening boxes (boxes of other knives i ordered), and the I just keep it tucked away in my pocket for its intended purpose at this point. The Wharnecliffe blade shape is so simple and effective that I ended up ordering a Delica Wharnecliffe and immediately found my replacement for the Yojimbo that I could put through the ringer. The Delica Wharnecliffe is much more work friendly knife, but the Yojimbo has it its purpose.
Yeesh, I watched a video of Janich explaining the blade design. I thought SOG's Seal knife was an anti-personnel tool, but hearing him test penetration was almost bone-chilling. I saw a video where a dude put a wave opener on the blade.

Problem is it basically destroys the choked-up grip by impeding where your thumb should be.

Then I find out in 2017 a knife-maker carved a wave into the blade itself and, dammit, he did so in a way that tucked the wave away while the blade was open. No thumb obstacle.

Joan-Crawford.jpg

Joan-Crawford.jpg

Last edited:
Yeesh, I watched a video of Janich explaining the blade design. I thought SOG's Seal knife was an anti-personnel tool, but hearing him test penetration was almost bone-chilling. I saw a video where a dude put a wave opener on the blade.

Probably is it basically destroys the choked-up grip by impeding where your thumb should be.

Then I find out in 2017 a knife-maker carved a wave into the blade itself and, dammit, he did so in a way that tucked the wave away while the blade was open. No thumb obstacle.

Joan-Crawford.jpg

Joan-Crawford.jpg

Those are nice mods. For deployment hole(giggity) type blades, I’ve always just done the zip tie wave mod.

I kept losing knives so I put myself on time-out ... until getting the bug again.

I started honing in on the Spyderco Shaman mostly because I really like it s silhouette resembles that pre-historic stone knife aesthetic and the chamfering on the handle. I also quite like its smol sibling the Lil Native (but apparently the clip is problematic). However, it seemed like Spyderco kept increasing their prices, and the Shaman was the heaviest hit every time. Despite its current spirit run being quite pricey, I still don't hate it even though it looks like this:

96755035-1831279c.webp

I don't mind orange, but I prefer a non-black blade. I don't know if the ergonomics of the handle are well illustrated here, but it just looks like a pleasure to wield. After running (and losing) something like three Kershaw Leeks, I thought I'd probably get the Lil Native until hearing about the clip issue.

So it surprised me that I would ultimately end up with this:

Cs58acl-08-cold-steel-cs58acl-08-x700.jpg

If I nicknamed things, I would want to call this guy The Poolboy. Why? Let me show you this video.

This is the bro-iest knife, like, ever. I don't want a black blade -- it's ALL BLACK. It's super tack-tical. Its actual name is so chad -- The American Lawman, which invites scorn and ridicule for being manufactured in Taiwan (not that there's anything wrong with that). Worse -- the fucking name is in comic book font on the blade itself.

If ever a knife looked like it's screaming TRY-HARD, it's Cold Steel's American Lawman.

There's every reason to hate on this knife, but goddammit -- it's great! Especially if you can find it around the $80-90 range.

While not as contoured as the Shaman, it feels great in the hand. Solid and robust and well balanced. Deployment is a breeze, although I've read some people find it a bit stiff. The lock makes it feel like one solid piece. The G-10 scales will absolutely destroy pants pockets like a middle-aged vagina ravaged by HPV. So I'll need to, I don't know, put a sticker beneath the clip or something; maybe a My Little Pony one.

I thought my Leeks were sharp and stabby -- but I found Poolboy wants nothing in life but to slice and poke. The edge catches without issue, and even clamshell packaging is no problem. Very pleasantly surprised, or maybe it's just because it's been a while.

Problem is it basically destroys the choked-up grip by impeding where your thumb should be.

Joan-Crawford.jpg

Joan-Crawford.jpg

I've had my eyes on the Shaman when it initially came out, IMO the design is simple yet intimidating it reminds of a modern day material
Flint Knife. There is a reason why it's always out of stock. That is one beautiful work of art in modern day knives. I've been floating between a Shaman & Spydie Chef (Lc200N) for a while now, but the pandemic and actually being smart with purchases has put a halt in my addiction (knives).

I stopped carrying the Yojimbo since my last my post in this thread, I fell back in love with my Endura VG10 as it has the size, durability, ease of carry light weight being the FRN version & if it came down to life & death(god forbid) it would hold its own. The Yojimbo is just novelty at this point in my collection, it's probably the most intimidating pocket knife out on the market today besides the Karambit.

71D234B0-C67A-483C-B73D-F7C8ADDF5887.jpeg

Picked this up for $83 today... One of those things that I hope I never have to use for its intended purpose.

Reactions: Kb7
Back