What knife did you carry today?

I didn't have to carry today, but this came in the mail: Kershaw Camp 10

71vT2U6Z8CL._SL1500_.jpg

I’d really like to get like an Esee survival knife for when I go hunting and shit. Anyone have suggestions?

I’d really like to get like an Esee survival knife for when I go hunting and shit. Anyone have suggestions?

Those are pricey. What's the quality like and why them over other similar brands? Which would you get?

I love the lifetime warranty, no questions asked.

Last edited:
Those are pricey. What's the quality like and why them over other similar brands? Which would you get?

I love the lifetime warranty, no questions asked.
I need a fixed blade like camping knife. Only really looking cause a friend suggested them and we both like Vortex for that company’s no questions asked lifetime warranty

I need a fixed blade like camping knife. Only really looking cause a friend suggested them and we both like Vortex for that company’s no questions asked lifetime warranty

What size do you need? That Kershaw one I just posted is a machete that can be used for smaller chores.

There's Ka-Bar Kraton, SOG Bowie on the larger side, and Gerber StrongArm (also has partial serrated version), Buck Frontiersman for the regular/smaller side. My small, folding EDC is a SpyderCo PM2. Also great. Holds a good edge.

I have some Ka-Bar knives, SOGs, and Kershaw knives and they're all great for camping/survival.

Last edited:
So I want a new fixed blade, but now that I'm paying a mortgage, I have to adjust my tastes accordingly. I've had a Morakniv Companion HD sitting in my Amazon cart for a few days now and the fucker's gone up $3.75, may as well get an orange, stainless one which, right now, is slightly cheaper. I've also got a Bahco Laplander in my cart, I think the upcoming move to a place with trees has rekindled interest in bushcraft.

As someone who has dove pretty deep down the ESEE rabbit hole, I'd suggest compiling a list of fixed blade tasks you envision doing, before you actually pull the trigger on one. That said, the ESEE 3 and 4 are easy to recommend as a "dumb reach" for just about anyone.

I say this as someone who owns an ESEE 5 that hardly gets carried.

Fuck it, Moras are so cheap that I ordered two; one carbon and the other stainless.

So I want a new fixed blade, but now that I'm paying a mortgage, I have to adjust my tastes accordingly. I've had a Morakniv Companion HD sitting in my Amazon cart for a few days now and the fucker's gone up $3.75, may as well get an orange, stainless one which, right now, is slightly cheaper. I've also got a Bahco Laplander in my cart, I think the upcoming move to a place with trees has rekindled interest in bushcraft.

I also have a Morakniv Companion. I think I paid around 10 or 15 bucks for mine and I got the carbon steel blade. They are razor sharp out of the box..

I let mine sit in a cup full of apple cider vinegar overnight to put that protective coating on it. The vinegar turned my blade gray.. I watched a video on YouTube that recommended doing this and I figured the knife was so cheap so I went ahead with it.. Supposedly it prevents rust on carbon steel..

The blade isn't as nice looking but I never had an issue with rusting.

I might order another Morakniv knife. I forget what model but I want one of the more expensive ones

I also have a Kukri I ordered from Nepal that is pretty badass.. I got an 8inch model. It's about the size of a Bowie knife. Made from the leaf spring off a Mercedes truck..

I would put that Kukri up against any knife on this thread.. Its the strongest most high quality blade I've ever seen.. I bought it a few years ago but I think it cost me like 50 bucks.. It will last many lifetimes. It's so thick and strong.. Full tang.. Indestructible pretty much..

I should probably wait until the first two show up, but fuck me, I have two more Moraknivs in my cart right now, that I'll try to sleep on. I'm supposed to be trying to save money, but they're so damned cheap and YouTube loves them, that I find myself wanting to order them in pairs or more.

Back