What knife did you carry today?

I figure I can get a friend to make me a decent kydex sheath if I want.

Thanks, I've been eyeing that knife for a bit over a year now.

I had had my eye on it too and when I was heading out I sort of figured I'd better get something so officially for skinning and field dressing, other than that all I had was a custom with a 5.5 inch blade made from 5/32 01 tool steel it's a real beast and an Esee 3. I've had good luck with the Esee 3 in the past but wanted something else.

Really liked the hidden canyon hunter. It was smaller than I thought it would be but it's awesome.

Just came in for me today. Absolutely love it! Spyderco Para Military 2 with the blade in S110v. Yeah, I'm not sure S110v is the most practical of steels given the difficulty in sharpening it relative to S30v, but it's an absolutely fantastic knife.

I had been using a Kershaw Blur S30v (weakness is its shitty locking mechanism) and a Benchmade in D2, and they have their merits, but I'm in love with this one.

large_26439_SP-C81GPDBL-Spyderco-Paramilitary2-Dark-Blue-01.jpg
Widely regarded as one of the GOAT blades.

How are you finding the compression lock? I have that locking mech on my Superlead and quite like it but there's a teeny bit of up and down blade play.

Widely regarded as one of the GOAT blades.

How are you finding the compression lock? I have that locking mech on my Superlead and quite like it but there's a teeny bit of up and down blade play.

I love it. It's the ideal locking mechanism IMO. My main issue with my blur is that the liner lock is somewhat dubious. But Compression lock is clean and perfectly solid. No up down blade play, although the one complaint I have is the knife has the tiniest hint of lateral blade play.

Flat grind blades are really outstanding for daily use.

That all said, I am considering getting a smaller and sleeker folder, like a Kershaw leek, just to round out the rotation.

@Zankou

I used to have the Kershaw OD1. Similar design to the leek but not assisted opening.

The only thing holding me back from the PM2 is the G10. From a functional standpoint I like G10 but it just shreds the shit out of my pockets.

Still carrying my 940 Osborne these days. Pretty much has been my perfect EDC.

@Zankou

I used to have the Kershaw OD1. Similar design to the leek but not assisted opening.

The only thing holding me back from the PM2 is the G10. From a functional standpoint I like G10 but it just shreds the shit out of my pockets.

Still carrying my 940 Osborne these days. Pretty much has been my perfect EDC.
940-1 and never look back... Just sayin.

The Carbon fiber one? Yeah that looks nice.

I've also been thinking about getting the 943.
Can't go wrong - I just like the rounder tip of the 940/940-1 for stuff like peanutbutter on an apple.

I also really like the ZT0450 as another perfect little EDC.

Can't go wrong - I just like the rounder tip of the 940/940-1 for stuff like peanutbutter on an apple.

I also really like the ZT0450 as another perfect little EDC.

The 0450 reminds me of a steak knife.

I really like my 0770cf 3.25", 3oz.

DSC_8750-2_ml.jpg

FE6B5FCA-02FF-4DEC-9528-CD048F30953F_zpscvvrfo0w.jpg

The 0450 reminds me of a steak knife.

I really like my 0770cf 3.25", 3oz.

DSC_8750-2_ml.jpg

FE6B5FCA-02FF-4DEC-9528-CD048F30953F_zpscvvrfo0w.jpg
I have the 0770cf too - I like it, I just prefer the ball-bearing flipper to the spring-assist, and the 0450 is just built better in some ways; flow-thru pillar spacers instead of a solid back spacer, frame lock instead of liner lock, s35v vs elmax (wish I had the m390 0770cf). I like the 0770cf tho, its a cool knife.

I have the 0770cf too - I like it, I just prefer the ball-bearing flipper to the spring-assist, and the 0450 is just built better in some ways; flow-thru pillar spacers instead of a solid back spacer, frame lock instead of liner lock, s35v vs elmax (wish I had the m390 0770cf). I like the 0770cf tho, its a cool knife.

I mainly just don't like the looks of the 0450. I have a 0350bw and 0566bwcf as well.

I thought Elmax was superior to S35vn in basically every way? HRC, retention, durability, corrosion resistance, etc.

I wish I could legally own and carry an OTF spring assist knife. The Infidel by Benchmade is so awesome but in WA unless you're active duty or former LEO/military you can't even own one nevermind carry one.

I wish I could legally own and carry an OTF spring assist knife. The Infidel by Benchmade is so awesome but in WA unless you're active duty or former LEO/military you can't even own one nevermind carry one.

Love mine

Lol I often forget how stupid others states knife laws are. Then again I'm sure others think AZ is ridiculous. You can literally carry whatever you want.

Love mine

Lol I often forget how stupid others states knife laws are. Then again I'm sure others think AZ is ridiculous. You can literally carry whatever you want.

Where are you in az? My mom is in Phoenix. Maybe meet up and shoot sometime? Hunt a coues deer?

Making ribs with my pit barrel cooker and using a spyderco pm2 for the prep ... Ahh, is nice.

Dvor has some nice fixed knives again. I really like this green hogue. Already have the fde version so I wouldn't get this but I like the way it looks.

hogue-extreme-drop-point-green-kote-mascus-green-camo-35171-jm-large.jpg

$148
12" oal
7" blade
A2 steel
KG 2400 green gun-kote

Got a Kershaw leek composite blade in black wash and have been carrying it. It's a wicked cool knife and much easier as an EDC than larger knives. The frame lock is a bit dubious and weakly engaged, is my only complaint.

Ideally the last knife I would like to get is a high end unassisted ZT flipper, one of the sleeker and lighter ones. Something with as fun of a flipper action as possible, and also a decent EDC, not a behemoth.

Ordered a bark river 1909 Michigan Bowie. Just looked awesome and I used to have an old marbles Bowie that looked nearly identical but was stolen from me years ago.

Ordered a bark river 1909 Michigan Bowie. Just looked awesome and I used to have an old marbles Bowie that looked nearly identical but was stolen from me years ago.
This BRK blades look really sweet. I was contemplating getting one of their small fixies to try as an EDC.

Back