What Kind of Trading Cards Did You Collect as a Kid?

I used to collect these, they'd come with chewing gum too, does that happen everywhere else?

s-l1600.jpg

Teeth shattering gum, indeed (it had little to no preservatives, which is why it stiffened and would simply crack when being eaten). A staple for years.

They stopped including it because collectors complained that it was staining cards.

What kind of trading cards did you collect as a kid?
Batman-1989-trading-cards-300x300.jpg

Batman (1989)

Batman+2.JPG

Batman (1989) series 2

s-l1600.jpg

Terminator 2

4dd5cc01-df7c-4026-b8e0-3fd8cdbab12d.jpg

Garbage Pail kids

il_570xN.380667037_h5va.jpg

Wacky Packages

cfd743efa320f2dd0cb4756b7d6e8b80--boris-vallejo-fantasy-men.jpg

Boris Vallejo

51K6NbAnJ-L._SY445_QL70_.jpg

Baseball cards

il_570xN.612927244_ed89.jpg

Football cards

Baseball and hockey late 80s to early 90s

I've been digging out a bunch of old cards. I noticed it seems like no other brand could match the high res vivid color printing of '90-'92 Upper Deck. Topps '93 used good cardstock, but the printing quality wasn't great and many cards didn't look sharp and photos looked dark too.

media%2FF3HRgQ6bwAAva7d.jpg

I kinda regret not trying to buy this limited print run card. Seems like Trout signed and got Shohei to sign and made 3 of these and got them graded and made one for Ippei the translator too.

Marvel Masterpieces 2023 get released tomorrow and a Hobby Box (12 packs 3 cards per pack) is going for $1000. Man times have changed from the ones I was buying in 1994

I was looking on eBay at some singles of the first Marvel Universe cards and guys like Daredevil, Wolverine had asking prices of several bucks. Didn't buy.

Today on Trading Card Database, I saw the 2023 Super7 GI Joe cards, with just pics of what looks like melted wax sealed packs. I looked at eBay and for one either 4 or 6 card pack, I forget, asking price with shipping was like $30 for just one pack. Other mental asking prices like that. No way I'm paying that. I'm guessing Super7 will print more of 24 card Series 1. I was surprised it's only 24 cards because a box would have more than one set's worth of cards.

Marvel Masterpieces 2023 get released tomorrow and a Hobby Box (12 packs 3 cards per pack) is going for $1000. Man times have changed from the ones I was buying in 1994
You should laugh in the face of whoever's asking that price.

I had a massive collection of Lady Death cards lol. No idea how my parents let me get these:

shopping

Blood, breasts, and beasts. What’s not to like?

baseball mainly but some basketball and a little football. from around 1987-1993. I have a ton of Mark Mcgwire cards and lots of A's stuff. a few of certain players like bo jackson, randall cunningham . a ton of topps, upper deck, fleer, score, donruss, stadium club. if you could get the packs at the grocery store or later at costco, I got em. still have 20 or so unopened boxes from maybe 1991-1993. non worth anything, no key cards in any of those boxes. best card I have not from my uncle is a handful of 89 UD griffey jrs. not graded though. also have a bunch of shaq and jeter rookies that aren't worth shit.

I still once in a while go through them and feel that awesome nostalgia from childhood, the touch of certain glossy cards, flipping through them, the smells. while also feeling like a dumbass for wasting so much time looking at these things thru my life

baseball, football, pokemon, yugioh, and the DBZ TCG. Those DBZ cards were gorgeous
s-l1200.jpg

Probably the best looking DBZ cards I've seen is the currently running Japanese rounded corner cards that come one per pack of some sort of gummy disc candy also one per pack. I think it's cardstock and the art is top notch. I have Android 16 and by the time I got the serious itch to buy more, the store ran out. It's called Super Dragon Ball Heroes. I think it's 8 cards per wave.

They also have something similar for Gundam with the Gunpla boxart and the MS's specs and description on back, I think. Never found those in person, but some French seller on eBay has them for sale. I think those come with one thin wafer cookie. They also have some cards of the pilots.

Garbage Pail Kids, WCW wrestling cards, and a variety of film and TV properties (Batman, Rambo, Dick Tracy, etc…)

Recently I browsed an eBay store that had tons of non-sports cards, new and really old. The bad thing was the seller didn't scan each card so you couldn't see it first. You had to know which card number to buy.

I read Topps has the UFC trading card license again. Might try to buy a blaster box of this. Last UFC card packs I bought were maybe 2009 and 2010. Got a Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and GSP, Bas Rutten. These cards suck without at least current year and overall career win loss records on the backs.

Magic: the Gathering

Had a couple sets, display books and rare cards worth couple hundred euros/ dm back then easily. Sold all at age of 14 to some guy on a flew market extremely underpriced to get me a Gasmask, weed and atomic explosion poster.

<codychoke>

Garbage pail Kids
Marvel
Desert Storm
Magic the Gathering

i was so poor that i never had those. i didn't even know they were a thing.
in eastern euro it wasn't a thing. after communism fell they started coming in slowly.
i found a bag that someone threw away, of Garbage Pail Kids cards, which were also stickers. felt like i had found a bag of gold at the time. spent many hours looking at them.
i still have them, now more than 30 years later, about 50 pieces. i doubt i'll ever throw them away.

Back