What Kind of Trading Cards Did You Collect as a Kid?

I use to collect nrl cards ( rugby league) but currently been having a blast doing ufc box breaks landed some nice cards just waiting for them to be shipped so far got from ufc emmaculate ( high end product)

Bo nickel on card sign rookie card out of 50
Got a Usman booklet signed out of 16
Got a Joanna 1/1
Sugar Shaun redemption
Islam redemption
Volk signed out of 30
Nunes signed out of 99
Aspinall signed out of 99
Protan red prizm signed rookie card out of 99

Trying to get a blanchfield rookie card just no luck atm

I looked at a bunch of UFC trading cards recently and they seem to use live action photos during fights, not unlike baseball cards, etc. but most of them aren't really good photos or even suitable for autographs to show up well since the backgrounds are dark.

The cardbacks don't even have stats like the past year's win/loss record, career record, opponent list, height, weight, reach, special finishing move. It's just some brief write up. Lame.

I can understand Star Wars cards having just write up on the backs, but sports cards should have stats.

Mostly just Garbage Pail Kids

I looked at a bunch of UFC trading cards recently and they seem to use live action photos during fights, not unlike baseball cards, etc. but most of them aren't really good photos or even suitable for autographs to show up well since the backgrounds are dark.

The cardbacks don't even have stats like the past year's win/loss record, career record, opponent list, height, weight, reach, special finishing move. It's just some brief write up. Lame.

I can understand Star Wars cards having just write up on the backs, but sports cards should have stats.

Yeah to much messy action could be a bummer on a card, that being said as a kid I just hated portraits most cards where doing in the 80s, especially the ones where they where using some summer uniform or chilling at the bench, like how the fuck is that the best topps could do for Canseco in 1994?.

Football cards especially where very boring during the topps days, I think it was pro set the ones that amped the game with action pictures. I still remember the Boomer pro set card as just being perfect.

803d54914a9d42129075340e789fde58_front.jpg

1dd5c7ba458e1980017c5524580e9e7d.jpg

428_437_5-L

90077.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I don't remember any beach photo cards. I know '92 Bowman and Stadium Club Dome (draft picks) had some of the draft picks in their nicer street clothes and Stadium Club is known for unusual showcase style photos where I think one has Wade Boggs with chickens. Upper Deck sometimes had very nice photos suitable for autographs like one Hubie Brooks holding a bat towards the camera similar to one Bo Jackson pose in football pads and metal college bat.

Looking at some old '89 Upper Deck and '93 Topps, they often had really dark poorly lit photos where someone should have used some basic software to brighten the photo first. I saw some throwback cards copying the '93 Topps and looked like they intentionally recreated the dark photos look.

The very first Pro Set football cards were like a masterpiece design, but quite a few were badly offcentered. I liked the different series that same first year that had blue borders and also cards of the TV announcers. The cardstock was also good.

The first '89 Upper Deck was also very nice except for the dark photos. The design and high resolution photos made them look a class above the rest. Never did get the Griffey rookie.

Back