What kind of routines are you guys on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Splatterbeast

I'm currently on a bodybuilding routine (I'm a noob to MMA), but what kind of routines are you guys on? Specifically if you train MMA or any martial art. I am training BJJ.

I was thinking about hitting up BJJ class after the gym today as my cardio (its chest day for me today) but I'm still debating on whether I should or shouldn't- don't wanna overtrain myself, but we only really roll in the last 10 mins of class so I'm sure I'd be ok?

Thoughts?

P90X plyos only. Then I run around the yard with my X-Vest on, and run around the neighborhood pushing a wheelbarrow full of sand while doing shrugs the whole time.

Is your X-Vest the one with or without the cell-tech protein shake holder?

This is what happened to the last guy who asked that question!

Now take a look at this thread and make sure you read the FAQ.

This is what happened to the last guy who asked that question!

Now take a look at this thread and make sure you read the FAQ.

I liked the poens in the first thread. I was looking for that second thread when I started up 5/3/1, but never could find it. I think I found most of the 5/3/1 logs anyway.

I'm currently on a bodybuilding routine (I'm a noob to MMA), but what kind of routines are you guys on? Specifically if you train MMA or any martial art. I am training BJJ.

I was thinking about hitting up BJJ class after the gym today as my cardio (its chest day for me today) but I'm still debating on whether I should or shouldn't- don't wanna overtrain myself, but we only really roll in the last 10 mins of class so I'm sure I'd be ok?

Thoughts?

There are many good routines you can choose from in the FAQ. You should also read the rest of the FAQ too as it will help you get away from the bodybuilding mindset and what you need to get strong to help you with your training.

Dude, FAQ.

Lately I've been a bit indecided on routine. Just restarted lifting about 4 months ago. First two months I used a little higher rep strongman-style routine 3/days a week. then I did 1 cycle of 5/3/1. Now I'm starting a 3-day a week routine that goes something like...

Day 1:Heavy push+heavy upper body pull+assistance
Day 2:Heavy posterior chain work+volume upper body pull+assistance
Day 3:Volume push+heavy upper body pull+assistance

Fuck bodybuilding routines they are the absolute most horrible thing you could follow, do a strength training routine read the FAQ, do a bill starr routine, or a SS routine, or a stronglifts routine, or a basic 5x5 routine suited to your needs. WAY BETTER WAY TO GO.

Fuck bodybuilding routines they are the absolute most horrible thing you could follow, do a strength training routine read the FAQ, do a bill starr routine, or a SS routine, or a stronglifts routine, or a basic 5x5 routine suited to your needs. WAY BETTER WAY TO GO.

Yea, those BB splits won't get you far.

I googled around and it seems like even a lot of the solid BB forums nowadays recommend 5x5s and such.

Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back