What kind of job do you have?

What type of job do you have, blue collar (manual labour) or white collar (office work)?

• Total voters
I would assume they are upper level if it's two semesters. The physics program where I went to school we took a 1 semester intro course for each of the main branches. So 1 semester intro to mechanics, 1 semester intro to em, intro to heat light and sound, and an intro to modern physics. Then the upper division courses for EM and QM were two semester courses.

Modern Physics is usually a survey of modern physics but it doesn't go into a depth at all. It's almost always lower level. The in depth courses are reserved for upper level QM and Relativity courses.

Were those upper level? Usually they are lower level. For my math minor, I had to take a senior level math class as one of the classes.

I don't remember what the prerequisites were, probably: Physics I, Physics II, Chemistry for Scientists and engineers, Differential Equations?

Modern Physics is usually a survey of modern physics but it doesn't go into a depth at all. It's almost always lower level. The in depth courses are reserved for upper level QM and Relativity courses.

Requirements for the minor in Applied Physics:
L.PHY-223-224 or equivalent is a prerequisite for all courses numbered 300 or higher.

Req Course Cr’s
1 Calculus of One Variable I 4
2 Calculus of One Variable II 4
3 Astronomy-AH 4
4 Physics for Scientists and Engineers I 5
5 Physics for Scientists and Engineers II 5
6 Physics Lab I 0
7 Physics Lab II 0
8 Modern Physics 3
9 Analytic Geometry and Calculus III 4

When I got this minor, there was no astronomy required, but instead 2 semesters of modern physics. They were the most difficult courses I took. I was taking the first semester of DEQ at the same time as modern physics and was struggling with modern physics but acing the DEQ as the math was slightly ahead in modern physics.

Requirements for the minor in Applied Physics:
L.PHY-223-224 or equivalent is a prerequisite for all courses numbered 300 or higher.

Req Course Cr’s
1 Calculus of One Variable I 4
2 Calculus of One Variable II 4
3 Astronomy-AH 4
4 Physics for Scientists and Engineers I 5
5 Physics for Scientists and Engineers II 5
6 Physics Lab I 0
7 Physics Lab II 0
8 Modern Physics 3
9 Analytic Geometry and Calculus III 4

When I got this minor, there was no astronomy required, but instead 2 semesters of modern physics. They were the most difficult courses I took. I was taking the first semester of DEQ at the same time as modern physics and was struggling with modern physics but acing the DEQ as the math was slightly ahead in modern physics.

Diff EQ? Yeah, Diff EQ is easy stuff. But, so is modern physics. ;)

Gotcha - where I went to school the courses were just labeled modern physics and intermediate modern physics 1&2. The first was an intro and then intermediate was two semesters of qm.

Worked in the warehouse , now I run it and have three staff to do the heavy lifting . Now I schedule and make sure the warehouse runs smooth and we don’t lose product.
So still blue collar, I can still pick a nickel up with the forks of the forklift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back